Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  19:54:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, all mine get fed in their tubs, on their substrate. I feed dry prey items, but I've never had an issue even when substrate is ingested.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  20:00:59  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Its personal choice if to feed in viv or not. If you do, its recommend to put kitchen roll down or something else. I feed mine in tubs as its what I prefer, plus two of them would roll it off the kitchen roll and drag it about everywhere and I am am a worry wort.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Starmist
Hatchling

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  11:39:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jake has always eaten in his viv and like others have said dry the prey item before it goes in and nothing has ever stuck to it. However have recently changed his substrate to aspen and was a little worried about it so I put a sheet of kitchen roll down and he always sits on that and eats! However last feed we had run out so we put it in on the plate it defrosts on...he kinda looked like he was at a restaurant! Wish I got a picture now!

Go to Top of Page

boozysuzy
Egg

76 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  11:41:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feed cornflake in her viv. I put a big thin piece of cardboard over the substrate and pop her food on that. I take it out when she's done.

Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  12:16:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feed out the vivs, usually just by chucking them on the floor haha, but my two littlest corns get put in cricket tubs because they dont stay still when eats and without the sides to push against they scoot backwards all over the place, dragging the mouse with them. I know in the wild they don't have debris free food, but hell, this ain't the wild and they're certainly rather removed from wildcaught ancestors, so why should I take the risk, even if it is tiny?
Go to Top of Page

343guiltyspark
Hatchling

United Kingdom
451 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  13:37:12  Show Profile  Visit 343guiltyspark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Orlando feeds in the viv so we keep him on kitchen roll, but Voldemort and Falco feed in RUBs.

Go to Top of Page

voodoo
Hatchling

162 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  20:39:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is an interesting one, I was told to feed outside the viv cus it can make snakes viv defensive, but most of you seem to feed inside, and Im guessing you have no problems!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000