Light guard
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scott-P
Snake Mite

38 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2012 :  10:57:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I have an Arcadia ceramic bulb holder attached to the side of my vivarium, but I'm having trouble sourcing a bulb guard. The vivarium is empty at the moment as I'm preparing it for my corn snake.

Has anybody got this type of bulb holder and what type of guard is recommended?

Thanks

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2012 :  11:57:56  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I put one of these up last night and used a zoo med guard which I had to modify to make fit. There is a place at the top of the guard where the wire should come out, you have to cut that bit out to make the bracket from the light fitting fit into it. Couple of pics hope it helps.

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

Scott-P
Snake Mite

38 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2012 :  12:18:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers buddy. Thats great. I've been looking on the Internet at guards for a while and started thinking about attaching a guard horizontally. The only difference between mine and yours, is the shop I've bought it from have left about an inch gap between the light and the roof of the viv. I guess I'll just have to unscrew it and move it up. Thanks for the help
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000