Small Turtle Species
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  20:09:38  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, havn't been on here for a bit, everythings been going smoothly with the zoo, but as the Donny Show is comeing up soon ive been reasearching the things on my wishlist again .

Ive just recently started reasearching the smaller, easy to care for turtle species such as the musk turtles and reeves turtles. Im pretty sure they would be easy to get hold of, but can anybody remember seeing a stall at Donny last year that had them?

Also does anybody no any other small (5-7inch) species suitable for a begginer? And anyone with experience with these creatures, I think ive worked out the care, but a little extra info would be nice?

The reason im looking at these species is because I only want to go as large as a 3ft tank, so i was thinking a couple of musk turtles would be nice.

Thanks,

Chris

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *

arease
Snake Mite

5 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2012 :  05:36:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 2 small turtles as well. Actually started with 4 but there was one time when I saw 2 of the turtles ganging up on one where they would go underneath the other one and toss it up using its head which it would flick from a crouched position. I ended up giving them to another friend who was interested to start something similar to this.
Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  00:00:18  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok ill bare the bullying thing in mind and keep an eye on them when I get mine. Well ive ordered a bit of stuff in preparation for If I come across some at Donny. Can't wait they look like real interesting characters.

Thanks,
Chris

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000