Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2012 :  13:42:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will get normal het lavender hypo and anery, but i dont know what hets the mum and dad are carrying so only time will tell!! Once they hatch i will be posting pictures up.

Tasha
______
4.0.0 - Corns - Hypo-Lavender (Lucifer), Bubblegum Snow (Houdini), Striped Carolina (Sarafino) and Black Cat (Ralphie)
0.2.0 - Corns - Anertheristic (Valentina), Lavender (Aiyana), Lavender (Di-nixi)
Go to Top of Page

Sleeper341
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2012 :  14:24:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:) I look forward to seeing them. It also gives me more time to get my wife to accept the fact that I want a snake!

Any tips on convincing partners that it's all going to be great?

1.1.0 cats (Lavender and Bertie)
1.1.0 Corns (Cyrus, Pewter and Daenerys, Caramel)
Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2012 :  14:41:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, i only happened to have one at the time i moved in with my mum and i now i have 4 lol!!

Number one i already owned
Number 2 - (lavender) excuse = needed rehoming as he was a problem snake (he was used for breeding and never handled) and every animal needs a second chance, cue sob story!!
Number 3 - baby snow = first baby kept from my first batch cue 'mum i have to keep one from my first batch!'
Number 4 - (carolina stripe) = I had never seen a stripe before and he was the same colour as the first first one (sadly passed away after escaping and being found) my mum knew i had a soft spot for the first first one but wasnt 100% convinced, however a 22" flat screen TV for her room sorted that one out.

Just explain your passion for them and how much you have researched, also make sure you point out that they are easy to look after only need feeding every 7-14 days and cleaning once a monmth, advise that you will take care of everything and she wont have to do anything.

One very important thing......do not advise her at the point of convincing that you have to keep dead mice in the freezer!!....brake the news once she has agrred/or you own the corn lol!! Unless you think she will be ok with it.

Tasha
______
4.0.0 - Corns - Hypo-Lavender (Lucifer), Bubblegum Snow (Houdini), Striped Carolina (Sarafino) and Black Cat (Ralphie)
0.2.0 - Corns - Anertheristic (Valentina), Lavender (Aiyana), Lavender (Di-nixi)
Go to Top of Page

Sleeper341
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2012 :  14:59:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:) lmao about the mice in the freezer :) I won't be mentioning them until my corn is safely in the house.

I'm sure she'll come round. She did say last night that i can get one once i hand her the divorce papers so that wasn't a flat "No" lol.

1.1.0 cats (Lavender and Bertie)
1.1.0 Corns (Cyrus, Pewter and Daenerys, Caramel)
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2012 :  20:46:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi there

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2012 :  13:01:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sleeper341

:) lmao about the mice in the freezer :) I won't be mentioning them until my corn is safely in the house.

I'm sure she'll come round. She did say last night that i can get one once i hand her the divorce papers so that wasn't a flat "No" lol.

Good luck sleeper341!

Tasha
______
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2012 :  19:00:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sleeper341

Oh dear, not the most promising of starts lol!! Get her to go to a pet shop and see some hatchies? Maybe when she sees how cute and adorable they are she'll give in? She doesn't need to know just yet how big they grow... Or, as someone else has suggested on here - tell her you want a really big snake or a tarantula or something, then tell her you'll compromise with a little corn lol!

I can't understand how anyone can dislike snakes... but so many of the people I tell I have some look at me as if I'm mad! (and I'm just as bad - I don't understand how anyone can like tarantulas as pets lol!!)

Go to Top of Page

Blackcat
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1235 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  16:10:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome - good luck with persuading the other half.

0.0.2 Corn snakes - Morse & Zeus
1.1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa's - Indigo & Ruby
0.0.2 Columbian Rainbow Boa's - Orinoco & Tobago
1.0.0 House snake - Hoggle
0.1.0 Crested Gecko - Ludo
2.0.0 cats (RIP Zebee), 0.1.0 Dog, 2.0.0 Horses
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: