Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  14:15:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Can anyone explain how a corn snake breeding calculator works and how to read the results?

Sorry i know it might be a complicated question, but i breed snakes and would like to understand the genetics better

Tasha
______
4.0.0 - Corns - Hypo-Lavender (Lucifer), Bubblegum Snow (Houdini), Striped Carolina (Sarafino) and Black Cat (Ralphie)
0.2.0 - Corns - Anertheristic (Valentina), Lavender (Aiyana), Lavender (Di-nixi)

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  23:42:35  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
its a huge subject, heres a good place to start: http://www.vmsherp.com/LearningCenter.htm :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  23:43:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I though it might have been but thanks for the link i will give it a good read :)

Tasha
______
4.0.0 - Corns - Hypo-Lavender (Lucifer), Bubblegum Snow (Houdini), Striped Carolina (Sarafino) and Black Cat (Ralphie)
0.2.0 - Corns - Anertheristic (Valentina), Lavender (Aiyana), Lavender (Di-nixi)
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2012 :  20:55:08  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you can take the easy way and use a calculator to tell you the possible results from a pairing, but once you get into it a bit more and actually understand whats going on you will be able to work stuff out quicker than it takes to load the calculator and put the genes in :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2012 :  22:24:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember trying to get my head around it before I started breeding and it blew my mind lol. Ive got the basics of it all now though, but theres still loads to learn. Fascinating subject though.
I love the corn calc :) means I dont have to try do the maths haha

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)
1 very needy staffy (Coco)

Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2012 :  23:17:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've read all of the website that you recommended...its fascinating!! The only thing is though i wont be able to predict what the eggs will be once hatched as i don't know what the snakes i have bred are carrying ressesivly. i know what they are carrying visually but that doesn't tell me much of what i will get. I'm still a bit caught up on what to work my snakes out as to put into a calculator, but reading the website has made me understand it much more now!! think i will have to re-read it though!! :D

Tasha
______
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000