Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

bigJME
Hatchling

125 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2012 :  22:42:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and some images for anyone who may want them :)

White light - Full brightness

White light - Dimmed

Red light - Full brightness

Red light - Dimmed

New larger shelf
Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2012 :  16:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the white lights look good

Go to Top of Page

bigJME
Hatchling

125 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2012 :  19:58:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks, i may have a custom electrics box built for it all with a proper dimmer so i can change it all the time if i want
Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2012 :  20:03:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
excellent, that will be good

Go to Top of Page

bigJME
Hatchling

125 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2012 :  20:07:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep, cant get it all done till the smell goes so i can make sure everything is in, will be a while till thats done. Just trying to find things to do because i am very bored now lmao
Go to Top of Page

a2c7
Hatchling

United Kingdom
320 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2012 :  18:30:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*tries to influnce you* you wannnnnttt to maaakkkee a custom bacckgrrouunnndd!

Go to Top of Page

bigJME
Hatchling

125 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2012 :  21:35:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lmao i will consider it :) im not artistic so i would think of an idea to save my life
Go to Top of Page

bigJME
Hatchling

125 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  22:47:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still waiting on the varnish to stop smelling. I put some plain mdf outside around a week ago, its been out in the horrible british rain we have had, wood bowed due to being soaked but im actually thinking unless water is poured on the mdf it wouldnt bow or anything, not with basic room humidity. What do you recon? Painting it would add a slight seal, but prevent the need for waiting on the varnish
Go to Top of Page

bigJME
Hatchling

125 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  20:26:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok guys sorry its been so long, my viv is finished, put the top shelf in. my corn has been settling down for a couple of weeks, temperatures are still a little funny. im struggling to keep them constant because of the area that has to warm up before it settles, takes 3 days after adjusting then have to adjust again. Heres my viv finished, not a great picture

my corn is a right pain, hasnt been out atall for ages, put music on today and some games and he is having a right wonder. weirdly he loves loud noises, he is never out when the rooms quieter
Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  22:05:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks really good

Go to Top of Page

a2c7
Hatchling

United Kingdom
320 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  19:40:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He likes the belly massages from the vibrations, clearly. Viv looks good - mine love more foliage to 'hide' in even when they're out and about, maybe you could stick more of that in?

Go to Top of Page

bigJME
Hatchling

125 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  21:23:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeh he does need some more decoration, always climbing towards the glass doors. he likes to watch my on games aswell, only certain games. Even with no volume on he always comes out to watch me on some games. mainly Crysis 2 and F.E.A.R, he is very weird. i think im going to buy a mini tv for him that plays game footage on repeat haha

will have to buy more decor when i have more money, spent it all on a new paintball gun the other week. Any recommendations for what decor you all think i could add into the viv? i may buy a waterfall soon, different one to my old exo-terra since that one stopped working and they dont sell replacement parts for it anymore, big waist of money
Go to Top of Page

a2c7
Hatchling

United Kingdom
320 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  21:45:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Waterfalls aren't so hot tbh unless you own something that needs high humidity. We have one that's sat unused (if anyone wants it, let me know and I'm sure for a v.reasonable cost it could change hands) because it put our 4ft vivexotic up to 80% humidity at least. If you had a rainbow boa, it'd come in handy.

You can start with toilet tubes/kitchen roll tubes, fake plants (£3.50 for a huge long piece of Ivy in dunelm mill right now), I made some 'jungle' tubes out of postage tubes (see other thread.) You can do things with hooks/eyelets drilled into the wall/ceiling of the viv and then hang twine down to suspend things from - both our 4ft vivs have big tubes of cork suspended in them at the moment. We change their vivs around a fair bit to keep em entertained. Pieces of wood are always good as well - propped to climb on, laid to hide under etc etc

We also use small furry animal boredom busters for them - a 'log' with holes drilled in it is loved by Ara. A bendy bridge made out of pieces of wood with wire threaded through is sat on top of by Tek. Log with hole = £2, bendy bridge thing = £1.50, Watermarque. I've used rope for my boa. Our demon posessed kingsnake has a fleecy snug meant for hamsters, she LOVES it and it really ruins her image ;)

Edited by - a2c7 on 07/07/2012 21:48:34
Go to Top of Page

bigJME
Hatchling

125 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  21:39:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lmao i will have to look round. because the viv is so large the humidity can flux badly, sometimes as low as 15%. but he seems to have settled on the top shelf now, 28 degrees, 45% humidity. he is loving his vines as they are now, climbs half way down and just lies there rapped around them. coming out more and more which is nice since i could never see him before, he seems to love having the extra space to wonder around.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000