New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2012 :  23:15:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm after a little advice. I have a female corn, adult, around 5 years old. She's not had any problems, eaten, shed, pooed finese, until recently. Shes been unusually active since January, she missed 3 feeds then ate a large mouse, pooed fine after, but now hasn't eaten for just over a month. She doesn't seem to be losing weight, so i wasn't too worried until tonight when i went to see her and there was a weirdpoo in her water bowl. The best way i can describe it is like toad spawn. There was regular wee there too, but the poo was like a string of small lumps. I did a bit of poking around, and I'm pretty sure it's not blood or anything. Checked her too, and she seems alert and healthy as normal.

Any thoughts?

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2012 :  00:47:26  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not a qualified Poopologist but I'd guess that it is just mucus and compacted fur and other indigestible remnants of the last mouse. If she hasn't eaten for a month there will not be much left in the way of faecal matter.

Probable cause for the non-eating is breeding season. As long as she is alert and active I don't think there is anything to worry about. They can go without feeding for a couple of months and show no problems doing so.

1.0.0: Miami Normal: Taggart
0.0.1: Carolina Normal: Wee Woody
0.0.1: Grey Rat Snake: Mirkey
0.0.1: Amel Corn: Blaze
1.0.0: Carpet Python: Vambo
0.0.1: MBK: Fester
0.0.1: Florida King Snake : Rattler (Rattle & Hum)
0.0.1. California King Snake: El Diablo Diego
0.2.0 Tarantulas : Ermintrude & Euphemia.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2012 :  01:12:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Auld geezer has it in one, just cleaning out the pipes and even a feeding snake that poops in the waterbowl looks totally different and weird.

(sorry if anyone is eating)

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2012 :  01:53:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, thanks for the info :) My instinct is that she's ok - she seems like her regular happy self.
Go to Top of Page

cobweb251
Hatchling

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2012 :  02:30:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She is fine do not worry as said before sounds like a mixture Of breeding season and not eating she will be fine :)
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2012 :  10:51:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lotabob...............

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000