Shayde refused feed again and weight worrying
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2012 :  20:38:12  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage  Reply with Quote
okay so i tried to feed shayde again today without success now left the pinkie in with him on tissue ofc. i weighed him today and he is only 8g... hes fed once in nearly 4 weeks and his spine is becoming visible. vet call? or any other solutions as money is very tight atm. :( im very worried about him.

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Leopard gecko (Meg)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons
Wish list - Chinese water dragon, Tegu! Rainbow boa!

R.I.P Shayde

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2012 :  20:46:51  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think a trip to the vets is the safest option. Hope it goes well and he gets better (bigger) soon.

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2012 :  21:18:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how much weight has shayde lost?

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2012 :  22:10:20  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage  Reply with Quote
im not sure because i didn't have scales before but his spine is pretty much visible now and he feels really weak. although he still is abit active and able to roam his faun as usuall. :(

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons

R.I.P Shayde

Edited by - darrkang3l on 13/04/2012 22:13:20
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2012 :  22:14:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there is a thread about using chick thighs, well scenting with them. betta acquatics sell them for 18p each. what is your set up like?

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

cobweb251
Hatchling

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2012 :  02:38:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How old is he/she vet might be a good idea but I'd try the chick thighs first or dip pinky in marmite or fish brine or maybe braining how old is he/she
Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2012 :  10:50:28  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Georgina

there is a thread about using chick thighs, well scenting with them. betta acquatics sell them for 18p each. what is your set up like?

my set up is pretty much exactly the same as the guide is on here. he used to eat fine. now over the last couple of months hes gone all strange. ile look into the chick thigh thing! x
Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2012 :  10:51:31  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cobweb251

How old is he/she vet might be a good idea but I'd try the chick thighs first or dip pinky in marmite or fish brine or maybe braining how old is he/she

he is about 8 months old and i have tryed braining without success. :(

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2012 :  11:50:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm having the same problem with one of mine, she hatched in June last year, currently weighs 21g, a short while ago she went just over 10 weeks without feeding, i'd tried all the usual tricks, tuna brine, braining, warm and wet, cold and wet, brained and wet you name it we pretty much tried it, till the chick thread appeared, i couldn't find any chicks locally so as a last ditch attempt i wrapped the pinky in chicken skin (from a chicken breast we'd had for tea that night) i just removed the skin before cooking, to my surprise she ate, however i'm now struggling to wean her off it, tried her now with two feeds with no scent and she's refused both, so chicken skin again it is.

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2012 :  14:10:19  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tordyjo

I'm having the same problem with one of mine, she hatched in June last year, currently weighs 21g, a short while ago she went just over 10 weeks without feeding, i'd tried all the usual tricks, tuna brine, braining, warm and wet, cold and wet, brained and wet you name it we pretty much tried it, till the chick thread appeared, i couldn't find any chicks locally so as a last ditch attempt i wrapped the pinky in chicken skin (from a chicken breast we'd had for tea that night) i just removed the skin before cooking, to my surprise she ate, however i'm now struggling to wean her off it, tried her now with two feeds with no scent and she's refused both, so chicken skin again it is.

Thanks! well usuall feeding day is monday so ile get a chick thigh then and scent a nice pinkie with it. if he refuses then. ile weigh him in and take him to the vets!

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000