Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

110 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  12:45:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im fortunate enough to have fruit trees in the garden took these pics of chaos enjoying the fresh in the tree branches.
It was ok letting him wander in the branches but getting back off the branches was a different matter took two of us to untangle him as he was wrapped tightly around the branches of the tree lol.
Hope you enjoy.

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  13:02:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aaaaawwwww beauty and the blossoms !!!

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  13:36:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  15:42:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loooove that first one :)

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  15:49:11  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Some great pics, I can see why he didn't want to come in its looks like a beautiful day.

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  16:07:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fantastic pics!!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  16:57:09  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what lovely pictures

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  17:16:34  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brilliant pics. I'm still waiting for my tree to grow...

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  18:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great pics

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  21:51:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very good looking snake

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2012 :  05:47:27  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
he sure is a big boy!

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2012 :  09:14:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol at you having trouble removing him!! Lovely pics :)

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2012 :  12:56:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cracking pictures, he looks very at home in the branches, I'm sure it would have been easier to cut the tree down and take it inside than untangle him from it.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

110 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2012 :  22:43:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the kind comments.
Go to Top of Page

343guiltyspark
Hatchling

United Kingdom
451 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2012 :  19:05:23  Show Profile  Visit 343guiltyspark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow he's big. And lovely too!

Go to Top of Page

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2012 :  22:37:42  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Smashing pics. He's like a reversed version of my Vambo. He is darker with more blue/black with smaller tan caramel pattern.

What age and size is Chaos? I'm trying to estimate the age of mine as he's a re-home and details were not available. He's 5'6 but underweight at 1.1 kg. Nothing wrong with his feeding response so should have him up to fighting weight soon.

1.0.0: Miami Normal: Taggart
0.0.1: Carolina Normal: Wee Woody
0.0.1: Grey Rat Snake: Mirkey
0.0.1: Amel Corn: Blaze
1.0.0: Carpet Python: Vambo
0.0.1: MBK: Fester
0.0.1: Florida King Snake : Rattler (Rattle & Hum)
0.0.1. California King Snake: El Diablo Diego
0.2.0 Tarantulas : Ermintrude & Euphemia.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

110 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2012 :  14:41:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Auld Baldy

Smashing pics. He's like a reversed version of my Vambo. He is darker with more blue/black with smaller tan caramel pattern.

What age and size is Chaos? I'm trying to estimate the age of mine as he's a re-home and details were not available. He's 5'6 but underweight at 1.1 kg. Nothing wrong with his feeding response so should have him up to fighting weight soon.

Chaos is rehome aswell not 100% sure on the age but we were told he was 2 years old by the last owner.
Its the same with the sexing im 95% certain that Chaos is a male hence why we call him a him lol wont know for deffo until he's been probed.
We think he might be Coastal but again not sure were having him sexed and properly identified soon by Reptile zone in Bristol but its find the time to get up there what with work commitments etc.
The chap we got him from was not very helpfull and provided us with pretty much no information about him other than what he was eating.
He's just over 5ft in length, since weve had him we've upgraded his viv to a bigger one(being semi ab they need a viv with height as well as depth and width),changed all the heating opting to go for ceramic for daytime and infra red for night time although we do have a mat installed as a backup heat source should the ceramic fail.
Weve also added extra hides some branches as there wernt any in viv along with some rocks pebbles.
All in all he now seems a lot happier and he is pretty much on display in his viv most of time.
One thing we did do straight away was to change his food from jumbo mice to rats we went up in stages from small weaners to small rats at the moment he is quite happy on small rats we also supplement this with chicks inbetween feeds if he's seen out hunting in the viv.
He's feed every 7 to 10 days at the moment and hes not missed a feed yet (its great because he like a dustbin if the other snakes dont feed we offer it to him)

Not sure what your feeding yours on but would recomend switching over to rats thats if your not already doing so.
Go to Top of Page

343guiltyspark
Hatchling

United Kingdom
451 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2012 :  18:32:19  Show Profile  Visit 343guiltyspark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
He's massive! No wonder you had trouble getting him off!!!

Go to Top of Page

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2012 :  20:04:57  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Toggsy, that's a big help. Vambo was probed male during the SSPCA vet check. Apart from being cold and underweight there are no other health problems and he has started feeding regularly now that he has a heat source. Previously kept unheated and hadn't eaten for 6 months. At the moment I have him on large mice to let his digestive system get back up to speed. This was the advice of the SSPCA inspector and vet before moving on to appropriately sized rats. He took a large mouse plus a medium which had been rejected by one of the Corns which is on the ran-dan. Another couple of weeks and I'll start him on the rats.

I was told that he was a Coastal, the Jungles are apparently more black and bright yellow. After comparing the pics I posted I'd guess that Chaos was a Coastal too. Let us know when you find out for certain. I added another couple of pics of him feeding and you can see that he has a bit of beef to put on to catch up with Chaos.
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22792

I have some logs in the viv for him to clamber on but seems happy just to lounge under the heater at the moment. Once he's filled out I'll give him a bit of height to explore.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

110 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2012 :  21:14:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No worries.
It's sad when people don't look after snakes properly before I got Chaos I researched everything I could to ensure I could provide the proper care for him.
The only thing I was worried about was handling him due to his size but now I have no fears or worries and can get him out of the viv with no problems or hesitation.
I think you learn how your snake reacts the longer you have them, sometimes Chaos can be a bit moody few days after a feed so I tend to leave him alone.
But it is nice to read your snake is now getting the proper care it needs.
What's Vambo like to handle btw Chaos is a bit skitty to start with but settles down after a while.
Go to Top of Page

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2012 :  00:50:59  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
He looks a bit of a beast but he is as gentle as a kitten. When I went to collect him he gave me a bit of a hiss but settled immediately when I picked him up. He tends to coil around and bury his head when I open the doors but allows me to pick him up with no fuss at all. Feeding is what I would call 'interesting'! He almost had my nose the first time I fed him. He got the scent and went into hunting mode. Any movement is taken as a threat to his dinner and he will turn to challenge any would be mouse rustler. He seems to savour his grub and doesn't bolt it, taking his time to chomp it down. When I offered him the second mouse last time he struck at it like lightning. I didn't even have time to fill my breeks!! I leave him alone for a couple of days to digest in peace.

The last owner had taken him on without any previous snake experience. He got bitten, lost his bottle (actually afraid of him) and wouldn't handle him after that. That won't be a problem now. I expect to get bitten at some point but it is all part of the fun of owning a handsome animal. It will probably be due to a lapse on my part anyway.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000