New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  18:16:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I kno this isnt rep related , but im fit to burst . We have been waiting to hear fm our landlord if we were allowed a dog as i couldnt get one and find we could no longer keep it should he find out . in the mean time i had a look round to find adult staffys in need of rescuing or rehoming and came across this little one . Hes two and an ex crufts dog , they sent a few pics of him there . I have been out today to get all the supplies for him as we are allowed to have him on a trial to see how he likes us and vice versa . Im now just waiting to see when they can bring him over to see us and begin the trial . I have always grown up with a dog , but never had a furry friend of my own so im bouncing off the walls now that we have all his things :)

Meet Ziggy

thanks for looking :)

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Kez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  18:20:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww, I can understand your excitement. We're considering getting one ourselves at the moment. He looks like a very proud young man and is a real stunner

Have fun with your new best friend

0.1.0 - CB10 Creamsicle - Maisie
0.1.0 - CB10 Ultramel Motley - Smudge
1.0.0 - Leopard Gecko - Ziggy
1.0.0 - Crested Gecko - Koji
0.0.1 - Chahoua - Chewie
0.1.0 - Rescue Greyhound - Becki
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  18:23:45  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hes very pretty :)

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  18:25:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he's a good looking staff

Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  18:32:15  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
beautiful boy congratulations.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  18:49:42  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He looks great, hope you both enjoy the trial period and it becomes permanent.

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

claire_daz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  19:45:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he is beautful dog .... i have had staff all my life great pet's best bed warmers but they need to know that you are the boss .....im claire pritchett on fb if you got it add me
get rid of the choker chain buy a harness from pets at home webbing not leather he will be your forever mate just make sure (like corns) that you garden is excape proof
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  19:56:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh he looks gorgeous. I use to work at a rescue centre and alot of staffs came in. They would always talk to me though. Some of you are now thinking I'm really weird saying that but any staffy owner will know exactly what I mean Hope it works out for you

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  20:34:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good for you for not only taking on an older dog but going for a staff they are a great dog, hope it all goes well. i don't have a staff but i know what you mean red about them talking lol, i used to walk a staff called blue and you couldn't shut him up!!

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

serena_08
Yearling

United Kingdom
784 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  20:54:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

They would always talk to me though. Some of you are now thinking I'm really weird saying that but any staffy owner will know exactly what I mean Hope it works out for you

yep. I have 3. One back chats lol, tell him off and he'll give you a what for!

Staffies cry a lot too, which can get annoying (as cute as it might seem lol) as it gets louder if you ignore it!

1.0.0 Corn: D-Bo (Amel)
1.0.0 Western Hognose: C*ntyB*ll*cks
0.1.0 MBK: Rosa
0.0.1 Leopard Gecko: Zuko
0.0.1 Bearded Dragon: Kobe
0.0.1 Fire Bellied Toad: Snoop
1.1.0 Cats: Penny and Sheldon
1.0.0 Staffy: MooMoo

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  21:09:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww thats lovely and great you are getting a rescue rather than a pup and what a smart little lad he is too though he needs his white socks pulling up.

quote:
Originally posted by serena_08

Staffies cry a lot too, which can get annoying (as cute as it might seem lol) as it gets louder if you ignore it!

My dog does this, starts with a almost inaudible whistle and gets louder and louder. I wanted to buy some little nostril corks to silence his little whistle but now I'm so used to it that I'd be worried if he was quiet.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Emmy1
Yearling

707 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  21:13:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ziggy is really handsome! So excited for you!

0.1.0 Anery Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Western Hognosed Snake
1.0.0 Albino California Kingsnake
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Wildtype, Hypo)
0.0.3 Shubunkin Goldfish
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  21:51:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww good luck, I hope the trial period never ends!

Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  22:10:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolute power house! He's gorge! Why are they getting rid?

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  23:19:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the comments picked him up tonite . The choke collar wasnt ours , they were the pics they sent us . Got rid and got a nice collar and gonna get a harness for him . He is a power house but so so loving ! I need to get him out of the habbit of jumping up for fuss as hes got some power behind him . He is currently sitting on the.sofa and cant decide who to hug up to lol !

Owner has four staffs and kids and his work had slacked off and he knew ziggy wud be the most adaptable . You can tell he isnt settled when we are moving around but now we are on the sofa he is finally calming and shutting his eyes bless .

We wanted to rescue an adult as there are so many just dyimg for a home . And hes come from a loving family home with kids . Hope the trial goes smoothly too :)

For some reason i have trouble findin people on fb , have a look for laura moore . Im in a white tank top n look like a boxer haha !

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  09:09:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, he's gorgeous! Hope it goes well and he becomes a permanent member of the family Good luck breaking the 'jumping up' habit, my girl will be 7 yrs old next week and despite being trained to KCGC silver standard she still becomes a nutter when someone talks to her, jumps up and there's no stopping her

Go to Top of Page

claire_daz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  09:52:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

my two nutters in bed i jumped out and they dived in lol
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts