3 1/2 weeks later. Pic. heavy.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2012 :  20:37:25  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all, well Tripod had now been on his diet of 1 medium mealie and 2 small silkies a day for 3 1/2 weeks and although he hasn't lost any weight the increase has dropped from 6 grams per week average to 1 gram per week. Not only is he on reduced rations but I am making him work for his dinner by running up and down the length of the viv for each one so 12 foot each meal time bless him. Now I have to be honest and say that I can't see any difference but can I have your opinions please. I have taken these photos tonight and he had just eaten.

The first one was before he started his diet.

Many thanks

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2012 :  20:39:19  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeh, i think i see a difference :)

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2012 :  20:54:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looking good x

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2012 :  01:30:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You need glasses! i see he is more slender!!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Kez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2012 :  09:31:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking good, Tripod!!! very svelte indeed

0.1.0 - CB10 Creamsicle - Maisie
0.1.0 - CB10 Ultramel Motley - Smudge
1.0.0 - Leopard Gecko - Ziggy
1.0.0 - Crested Gecko - Koji
0.0.1 - Chahoua - Chewie
0.1.0 - Rescue Greyhound - Becki
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2012 :  10:39:42  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To me his beautiful tail is looking alot slender than it was. You are doing great. And I have to admit I had a giggle at making him run up and down the viv after his food. Poor wee stumpy footed leo! hahahaha. (I often get the brunt of the cripple jokes and have done for maaaany a year so is good to be able to have a giggle rather than be the one ppl are giggling about )

I do have to say hes a wee stunner. His markings on his tail are divine and he has cheeky wee eyes xxx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2012 :  11:58:43  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi thanks for the replies,

well it looks like we're getting there slowly but in his case unhappily bless him, he's ravenous all the time and even ate through the whole shedding process last time whereas usually he stops eating 2 days before and doesn't eat again until a good 24 hours after he's finished.

Mamma thank you, he's very quickly learnt that his dinnertime is when I get in from work and by the time I've walked over to his viv he is out on the starting blocks and before I can slide open his glass door he's streaked past and is waiting at the other end for his food, and table manners are a thing of the past where he's concerned if he can snatch his wriggler out of the feeding tongs before I can get to the other end and drop it all the better as he doesn't have to run so far but it usually results in it's head being ripped off.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2012 :  13:09:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooooh swanky abode he has there - fully fitted carpets plus skirting boards no less! Lol at poor little tripod having to do laps of the viv for his food! I bet he's a happier chappy for it :)

Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2012 :  14:42:01  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks smart bunny he has the carpet because anything else rubs his little stump and makes it sore and the skirting was to stop the mealies from escaping under the carpet and turning into beetles which were burrowing into his cork bark decor and breeding.

Jane.

Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2012 :  17:19:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ewww, that doesn't sound good :O Yay for skirting lol!

Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2012 :  20:27:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he is gorgeous and looking very good - Mrs T has decided that the best way to eat is to be hand fed one mealworm at a time rather than scoff them out of the dish like she used too !

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2012 :  21:36:27  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I used to feed my geckos meal worms every 3 days, and crickets once a week (and a few waxies each feed!). They never got massive, but gained weight nicely. They store fat in their tails for use during lean times, so you can get a bit mean with their feeding when needed.

This is what mine used to look like on that feeding schedule....
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.21147634288.26247.632629288&type=3

Oh yeah. There is some spiders in that album, and a Tokay!

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Edited by - Dancross0 on 15/03/2012 21:37:43
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2012 :  18:43:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think his tail looks more slender. He is such a cutie isn't he!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2012 :  19:36:07  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mort13, he is a sweetheart and so full of character.

Jane.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000