New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SteGore
Yearling

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2012 :  18:53:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cleaning springtail bugs of a millipede is a nightmare!!!

2.2.2.Corns-0.2.0.Cali Kings-0.1.0.MBK-1.0.0.Pastel Boa-1.0.0.CCP-0.1.0.Royal-1.0.0 BRB-0.1.0.Spotted Python-0.1.0.Olive Python-0.1.0.Trinket Snake.-1.0.0.Peppermint Pacman Frog-0.2.0.Train Millipedes-0.1.0.Armoured bush Cricket-2.GALS.6 Albino GALS-6 Pancake Slugs.1.Green Mantis.0.1.0.Shi-tzhu cross.

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2012 :  20:15:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Millipedes are the stuff of nightmares in themselves :P

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2012 :  15:15:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Springtails are great little bugs, keeping things nice and clean.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

SteGore
Yearling

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2012 :  16:19:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Springtails are great little bugs, keeping things nice and clean.

Do you know if they transfer to other animals?

2.2.2.Corns-0.2.0.Cali Kings-0.1.0.MBK-1.0.0.Pastel Boa-1.0.0.CCP-0.1.0.Royal-1.0.0 BRB-0.1.0.Spotted Python-0.1.0.Olive Python-0.1.0.Trinket Snake.-1.0.0.Peppermint Pacman Frog-0.2.0.Train Millipedes-0.1.0.Armoured bush Cricket-2.GALS.6 Albino GALS-6 Pancake Slugs.1.Green Mantis.0.1.0.Shi-tzhu cross.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2012 :  18:06:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They aren't there for the animals at all they go where its warm and moist and will eat any mould, fungi and dirt in that area. They wont harm any of your animals, I have these in all my vivariums, you only notice them around the water bowls and they help keep the GAL rub clean, which is a mammoth task so I have to thank them for that, they even live in with my Tarantulas, I just leave them to it, they are cleaner bugs and save me a lot of cleaning, specially with the high humidity setups as mould would be a huge problem without them.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

SteGore
Yearling

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2012 :  18:30:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

They aren't there for the animals at all they go where its warm and moist and will eat any mould, fungi and dirt in that area. They wont harm any of your animals, I have these in all my vivariums, you only notice them around the water bowls and they help keep the GAL rub clean, which is a mammoth task so I have to thank them for that, they even live in with my Tarantulas, I just leave them to it, they are cleaner bugs and save me a lot of cleaning, specially with the high humidity setups as mould would be a huge problem without them.

Cheers lotabob,
I'v just been on the creepycrawley forum.Turns out there not springs, but not bad either, just help keep the millie clean.

Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2012 :  19:43:57  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've got them in with my tarantula as well. No probs...

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000