Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Ok...here goes (FAO lotabob and whoever else!)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2012 :  09:40:15  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I hate those spiders which are skinny, ahve really long legs, big and almost invisible. I ahve the light on and all can see is this massive shadow of a spider moving about but no bloody spider.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2012 :  12:50:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol Kez!!

Stapey, I actually really like those ones... because I don't find them scary, and they actually hunt house spiders :O !!!

Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2012 :  19:50:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oohh didn;t know the hunted house spiders! now i like them slightly more....not that i'll be picking one up ant time soon!
@spreebok i'll have to put some conkers in the window, the spanner shouldn't be able to reach them there!

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2012 :  20:24:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kez

The weirdest thing, after reading your 'challenge' Katie I went outside to my wheelie bin to get rid of some rubbish and there on the wall was an eight legged beastie!!!!! OK, so my first thought was 'ugh, stay away from me you ugly b*****' and then I thought, which concerns me greatly, shall I pick it up and get a photo of it and post it on the forum!!!! . Of course, that thought lasted a nano second (or maybe not quite that long!) because then when I envisaged it, all I could see was me screaming banshee stylie, running around the house like a crazy woman with my arms and legs flailing around and screaming at my Hubby to 'get it off me, get it off me'

Yup, that's about as close as I'm going to get I think

Well...... I think that constitutes are trying??? So... WELL DONE YOU :D Its closer than i got at least hahaha

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2012 :  20:26:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I hate those spiders which are skinny, ahve really long legs, big and almost invisible. I ahve the light on and all can see is this massive shadow of a spider moving about but no bloody spider.

I don't mind them ones at all! There's one in the corner of my room that I have named Peter in an effort to keep my knickers dry when I see him :) And do they really hunt house spiders? How is that possible when house spiders so much bigger than them?

0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2012 :  22:18:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kez

shall I pick it up and get a photo of it and post it on the forum!!!!

DO IT DO IT DO IT.

I know its a phobia and they are hard to overcome but I promise you they can do absolutely nothing to harm you and I mean nothing. You wouldn't even know it was in your hand either they are so light and gentle.

I had my jumpy juvenile tarantula go nuts, run out of its tub, up my arm and then round me for ages, I just calmly waited for it to calm down and then when it was I was able to not only handle it back into its tub but also...

Snap a few photos for the album.

She didn't bite, kick hairs or anything she just got a bit spooked and gave it legs, realised nothing was wrong and stopped.

House spiders dont have the hair kicking and their fangs wont even break the skin, they are also doing you a massive favour, bugs LOVE humans, if we didn't have spiders all around us we'd be overrun with insects, I'd prefer a few Charlotte's in the bedroom rather than a fleet of flies.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2012 :  22:39:06  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i think i'd rather put a russells viper down my pants! lol

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

Kez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2012 :  22:56:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh what a shame Lotabob, I went out especially to look for said creature, but it wasn't there

It's not a fear of being hurt, it's just that even looking at them makes me feel physically sick and it's the fast running thing that really just sends me into hysteria. Running across the carpet is enough to make me lose the plot big style, let alone having it run up my arm My phobia was actually heightened by that very thing in fact. You know the big ugly black house spiders with the big bodies and long legs that look like they're wearing Doc Marten's boots and a balaclava ? Ok, keep that in mind and then one of those little square boxes of tissues that you get; my Mum's friend made a little house out of some sort of plastic cross stitch material which has a chimney and the house sits over the top of the box of tissues with a tissue coming out of the chimney like smoke. There I was about 15 yrs ago sitting on the sofa watching something on tv when I casually put my hand across to the little chimney (I must point out I wasn't actually looking at what I was doing at the time) and pulled out a tissue. Cue the worst phobic episode of my life when I had one of those creatures run up my arm and across my body as I went into a real state of hysterical screaming, crying, gagging and hyperventilating. My partner at the time spent ages trying to get me to calm down, while I stood in the kitchen tearing my clothes off and demanding he go into the lounge and pull the place apart until he found the creature and killed it . Normally, I don't kill anything, but I couldn't live in that house knowing it was still there, alive! I then proceeded to get into a really hot shower with a triple measure of Scotch (I'm usually teetotal!) just to try and ease my nerves

When I tell people about it, they think it's funny but, seriously, just thinking about it now and it's as if it happened two minutes ago! I have no doubt in my mind that it was that very experience that has made my phobia SO bad

0.1.0 - CB10 Creamsicle - Maisie
0.1.0 - CB10 Ultramel Motley - Smudge
1.0.0 - Leopard Gecko - Ziggy
1.0.0 - Crested Gecko - Koji
0.0.1 - Chahoua - Chewie
0.1.0 - Rescue Greyhound - Becki
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  10:54:40  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

Lol Kez!!

Stapey, I actually really like those ones... because I don't find them scary, and they actually hunt house spiders :O !!!

But there's no house spiders, just them and there creepyness. I woke up to find one on my quilt, thought it was random fluff then it moved. They blend into the wall, they suck humans brains out!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  11:17:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok where to start.....l.

@Lotabob - You have just succeeded in informing me that house spiders have fangs!!!!!!!!!! But I still don't find Trixie as scary as big black/brown house spiders!!

@Kez - I think I just died a little inside after reading that awful awful story!!

@Stapey - stop making things worse! :p

0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  14:16:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pmsl!! I went on a zookeeper experience on Wednesday and yep,I held a tarantula again.
Bought some crickets for the skinks on Friday and spent AGES in the shop inspecting the tub for any spiders before I bought them as theres no way I could even open the tub with one of them in lol!

Oh,I know someone who's little boy was always picking up spiders,till a house spider bit him. He was only about 7 I think and his dad heard him shout "The t*** bit me!!" lol. He's scared of them now.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

kat99
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  15:17:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if got a pinked toed called aztec azzie for short n y not try holding a shed spider skin 1st kate here is a list of my pets 4 cats 3 females females r called mumma lennon mumma for short kaka the grey one who scares pearl my snake when i get her by trying 2 play with her tail but water spray bottle stopped that n cole who is jet black male cat is called goodi for short goodisan his his real name n a male 2 basalisk lizards 1 male 1 female one female snow corn pearl n a big 4.5 long fish tank

kat99
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  19:09:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i did the shed skin thing before we got the chilli at work, it was so funny as my arm was automatically pulling away from it. i had to concentrate really hard and force my arm to do what i wanted! did manage to touch it but i still panic with house spiders lol

1.0.1 Corns
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  23:03:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Pmsl!! I went on a zookeeper experience on Wednesday and yep,I held a tarantula again.
Bought some crickets for the skinks on Friday and spent AGES in the shop inspecting the tub for any spiders before I bought them as theres no way I could even open the tub with one of them in lol!

Oh,I know someone who's little boy was always picking up spiders,till a house spider bit him. He was only about 7 I think and his dad heard him shout "The t*** bit me!!" lol. He's scared of them now.

There's a helpful post if ever i read one!! lol. Why would there be spideys in a cricket tub?

0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  23:41:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm always getting good old spiders in cricket tubs, got Charlotte in my last one, it was a cricket eating machine, i looked after her for a bit as it was too cold to put her back outside.

A beautifully marked little beasty,

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  10:50:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
those ones just totaly freak me out!! shudder

1.0.1 Corns
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  10:56:34  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
MammasGirl has held a tarantula... but freaks at house spiders! lol

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  13:27:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Lotabob that is gross! I've never found spideys in my cricket/locust tubs! How horrifying lol

0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Go to Top of Page

Kez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  14:14:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm feeling a bit icky now, that's repulsive you know, sharing isn't always a good thing lol

0.1.0 - CB10 Creamsicle - Maisie
0.1.0 - CB10 Ultramel Motley - Smudge
1.0.0 - Leopard Gecko - Ziggy
1.0.0 - Crested Gecko - Koji
0.0.1 - Chahoua - Chewie
0.1.0 - Rescue Greyhound - Becki
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  14:18:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to find spiders in with the crix when I had beardies years ago,had me ex to deal with them then though.....hence the paranoid checking of the tubs now.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000