New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Moriarty
Egg

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  10:31:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, so it was Shisha's third feed last night, and I woke up this morning to a regurge. I'm not sure why, he seemed to take the mouse ok, it was a 3g pink, so it was quite small. This is the same size he has had for his whole life so far.

I feed him in a feed tub out side of the viv with kitchen roll down. I waited until he was moving about a little after eating, and then I put the tub back inside the viv, to let him come out when he was ready. He climbed over the side, and the bump in his body was brushed over the side of the tub as he climbed out. He then went straight to his warm hide, but for his other feeds he'd always climbed the vine in the cold side to digest.

A few hours later, I was doing a spot check, when I noticed what looked like his head in a hide in the cold end, so I lifted the warm end hide up to look for poos there, but Shisha was actually under that hide, and I think I gave him a bit of a shock as he seemed to jump. I quickly covered him back up and left him alone for the rest of the night.

I found the regurge this morning outside of that very same hide. The temperatures in the warm end are about 28.4, but they may have dropped to 27.4-ish during the night. Could temperature have been a problem? I understand I am now to wait for 10 days without doing ANYTHING, but I can't try feeding him a smaller mouse next time. :S

Help would be much appreciated :(

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  11:05:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You've probably already read it but all I can do is point you towards the regurge thread as I'm not experienced enough to help! http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7792

I doubt it's anything you've done wrong, hopefully just one of those things so try not to stress too much and hopefully all will be well when you try again in 10 days time. :(

Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  11:34:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, temps sound fine, sometimes it just happens. Just change his water every other day and let him settle, modnight had a regurge a couple of feeds ago, but took her fluff sraight away and have recently moved her up a size. Sometimes its just one of those things. If his viv is in a high traffic area I would just pop a towel or pillow case over the front so he feels more secure x

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000