Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Any leopard gecko owners help please!!?!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  16:56:49  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi im about to pick up a leo from a friend because they cant look after him anymore. i know that they are using sand as substrate. shall i remove this straight away of let it carry on living on it because its used to it. ive read alot of bad things about sand? also hows the best way to give it calcium?

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Leopard gecko (Meg)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons
Wish list - Chinese water dragon, Tegu! Rainbow boa!

R.I.P Shayde

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  17:50:47  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
dust the bugs in calcium dust.

sand can cause impaction so it again is one of those decisions that you , as the owner, have to make... whether to keep it or get rid.

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  20:38:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when we got mrs T she was on sand - but i binned it all because it was filthy and i just put down brown paper which i still use now. I did buy her some sand recently but put it in a tray in the corner in case she fancyed digging or whatever but to be honest dont think she is bothered !!!Once you know where they like to poop just pop a square of kitchen towel there because they go in the same place - so just remove and replace when they are done !i just sprinkle food with nutrobal !

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000