Not a reptile but advice needed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  14:48:07  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi all

Sorry to post this but i dont know what to do?!

Why does Angus keep peeing on the carpet and pooping in the bath and what can we do to stop it??

He's 11 months old and castrated.

Thanks in advance

Man it stinks in my bedroom :S

Scaly

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  15:00:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no :( I've never had cats so cannot help but I know they can have annoying habits - and that cats pee stinks!! I hope you get it sorted!

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  15:01:04  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Me too :S :S

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  15:01:06  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
which carpet is he peeing on? alot of the time its a territory thing. Is he an indoor/outdoor/both cat? The pooing on the bath I can't help with. Unless hes associated pooing in that room cos the humans do. Try a litter tray in the bathroom, maybe this might help him?

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/

Edited by - Mamma on 02/03/2012 15:01:32
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  15:02:43  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
YOu can get this spray that you can spray on the carpet hes peeing on. Its meant to calm them down and stop it. Personally I tried it when our female cat did this. It didnt help though. She stopped peeing by the front door after she was fixed.

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  15:03:26  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's the front room carpet and my room carpet
Wouldnt have thought its a territory thing now he's not so male

Yeh, we're gonna get a litter in the bath asap

We give him the opportunity to go out whenever he wants but he always wants to come straight back in

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x

Edited by - ScalySituation on 02/03/2012 15:04:04
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  15:10:39  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its unusual for a cat to mark the front door unless territorial (I know hes had the snip but if another male in the street has sprayed your front door or front garden he will still mark his own scent, regardless of having bits n bobs or not lol), or sexual (i.e on heat, sense a cat on heat etc)... the only other factor which can make them mark in specific places are stress/nerves. But he looks like a totally chilled cat. Could be another cat out there bullying him or something?

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  15:14:18  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
its not right by the front door, sorry i didnt make myself very clear, its by the stairs and under a table.

He's not a fan of other cats, thatss probs the reason he left his old home but he's hardly out at the moment, like 15 mins a day absolute max

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  15:16:00  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've just read vinegar gets rid of the smell and also stops the peeing, is that the case?

This is the main prob really as we can easily clean the poop out the bath

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  15:22:57  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah. What I did was got a cheap rug and used that until Miki stopped peeing where she was peeing. Once the problem was sorted the rug went in the bin and she never done it again. Vinegar will put them off. Its the smell. Too strong for their sensitive noses. Citrus juices too. But Miki is insane and will eat ANYTHING so they didnt help us. It was def a stress thing with Miki... she was a rescue kitten, new house, young kids, another cat, 1st round of being in heat. Must have been so confusing to her. As soon as her hormones were sorted though after the op she was fine.

Cos yours has been castrated, some kinda stress factor could be the problem. Is there anything new or different about or in your house?

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  15:30:25  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nope, everythings the same

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  15:34:54  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well Im afraid the only advice will be to try this feliway spray

http://www.feliway.com/gb

its sold at the vets etc. From what I know it can be pricey though. Im sure you can get it a bit cheaper online. I got what was left from a bottle my friend had for her cat. Its worth a try. Just didnt work with Miki.

Apart from that is just to try and pin point when hes peeing.... if its specific times of the day etc and take it from there. Try and find out if somethings bothering him.

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  15:35:16  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So i'm thinking put some rugs in the problem areas and sprinkle them with vinegar, is any type more effective than others?

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  15:35:51  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
okie pokey :D

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  16:04:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Suddenly starting to pee on the floor etc can be a sign of a UTI, so maybe a vets visit will be in order. I would try more kitty litter boxes, also you can get special litter additive from pets at home, which attracts them to use it :)

zan x
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  16:43:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i used feliway plug in and spray, it seemed to calm my boys down, and they used to spray a lot!

in the end they got the snip and neither of them spray at all. echo used to wee on the bed all the time aswel but that all stopped once we had them done x

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  17:38:39  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just got back frm town with another litter box in tow

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  17:55:21  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would advise a good clean up of the carpets, if you can hire a steam cleaner that would be best. If there is any residual pee odour then it will attract him back to the same area. Put a litter tray into each of the areas that he is peeing. If there are any accidents outside the trays then make sure it is cleaned up using a special cleaner for pet accidents or you can use a solution of biological washing powder. The enzymes in the biological washing powder break down the wee so that it doesnt smell and attract them back to the same spot.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  18:27:05  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
we got his main litter box near the back door and now we have one in the bathroom too

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  20:46:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was going to recommend the bio washing powder or liquid too, i have a problem with a cat outside (semi feral i think ) that insists on spraying and the smell can waft ! before our Jeffrey went granny sitting he used to spray a bit and i think this was due to the sheer number of moggies around us and this other cat spraying all over, he does'nt do it now whilst he has a huge garden and not many other cats in the neighbourhood.

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000