Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  19:09:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Help Help Help im in tears !!!
My fiancee's ex has found out we have snakes and she has totoally freaked about her son coming to stay while we have them, Ive had them for months now but the little lad (nearly age 4) decided to mention them this week. She cant stop us seeing him as we have a court order but she threatened to tell social services !! as we argued they arent dangerous and all have viv locks on she has changed her mind to the fact she will tell the councill how many animals we have (14 alltogether) And i think there going to say thats too many, she said she wont go through with it if we 'get rid' of the snakes :( What else can i do apart from rehome them ???

1 x collie, 1 x mastiff, 1 x ragdoll cat, 2 x guinea pigs, 1 x leopard tortoise, 1 x rat, 1 x Bearded Dragon, 1 x sheep, 2 x corn snakes,1 bosc, 3 leopard gecko, 1 crested gecko, 1 x fiance, 1 x 3yr old step son = My Ark

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  19:11:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Invite her round for a cuppa to meet them and try and educate her a bit.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  19:14:02  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope you get something sorted. I really do. Its heartbreaking having to rehome some

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  19:14:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She wont come to my house she has never been shes a right pain, always has been hence the court order, shes never even dropped him off here we always pick him up :(

1 x collie, 1 x mastiff, 1 x ragdoll cat, 2 x guinea pigs, 1 x leopard tortoise, 1 x rat, 1 x Bearded Dragon, 1 x sheep, 2 x corn snakes,1 bosc, 3 leopard gecko, 1 crested gecko, 1 x fiance, 1 x 3yr old step son = My Ark
Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  19:15:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks mama i hope i do too, little midget is my best corn snake friend he wont eat unless i feed him on my hand and wont let anyone else do it. Im so worried for them all :(

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  19:16:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it a council house or private?

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  19:20:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Councill :( We dont get any benefits cause my fella has a well paid job at the hospital but i think the tenancy terms are the same unfortunatley.

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  19:26:43  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Firstly I would check your tenancy agreement about what it says regarding pets. As far as I know, as long as you haven't broken the tenancy agreement and your animals are not causing a nuisance or damage to the property, then you shouldn't be required to get rid of them. You could ring your council and ask them but then, if it is an empty threat on her part, you risk the council telling you to downsize for nothing. Or you could call her bluff. Or just ignore her and hope she soon finds something else to moan about. I have 12 snakes, 1 cat and I foster dogs and the council have never bothered about it

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

serena_08
Yearling

United Kingdom
784 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  19:29:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know it's a long shot, but have you not a friend who can have them at their house in a spare room for a short while? Or even phone the council 'anonymously' and ask about pets, if there is no way the snakes can escape and are not causing damage to the house I can't see why it would be a problem. My local council accepts domestic pets, you're just not allowed to take the mick, obviously dogs and cats are a lot different!
And the fact that your fella has any job will always work on your behalf, as if by any chance the snakes were to lunge through a door, he would be able to repair without involving the council!

1.0.0 Corn: D-Bo (Amel)
1.0.0 Western Hognose: C*ntyB*ll*cks
0.1.0 MBK: Rosa
0.0.1 Leopard Gecko: Zuko
0.0.1 Bearded Dragon: Kobe
0.0.1 Fire Bellied Toad: Snoop
1.1.0 Cats: Penny and Sheldon
1.0.0 Staffy: MooMoo

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  19:33:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have loads of animals around the house the dogs and cat free roaming, the guineas rat and hampster upstairs, the viv stack down stairs with 7 reptiles in. I dont know whats going to be better, rehome the 2 snakes i have left or risk the off chance if i tell the council they will make me rehome more ? :( The tenancy doesnt clearly state anything other than not too many ?!? She doesnt do bluffing if she says she will do it she does every time.

Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  19:37:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive not got anyone confident enough to take the snakes off me and even if it was a short period of time the little lad would tell his mum when they were back cause he loves them to pieces. She makes life difficult as it is i just dont know what to do, she cant rule my life but she can be a giant pain in the ass with the kid, she didnt let us see him on his birthday as it wasnt a day that court said we could see him on and we didnt but him a motorised car that she wanted us to buy him !!

Go to Top of Page

serena_08
Yearling

United Kingdom
784 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  19:47:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phone your council and just ask for advice, don't tell them anything but just question the pets rule. Most councils just don't appreciate 10 dogs running around as obviously damage is inevitable! The reptiles don't really smell, run free and damage the building. Maybe consider buying your own house lol, at least then you could have as many animals as you please with no backfire!!

Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  19:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Id buy my own house but the bloody animals cost me too much ahahah ill ring them tomorrow and withhold my number lol see what they say thanks guys x

Go to Top of Page

serena_08
Yearling

United Kingdom
784 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  19:56:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Luck x

Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  20:04:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all :)

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  20:13:29  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i reckon u will be ok dont mention the other animals just talk about the snakes. jf they give u the all clear then thats her bluff stopped

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  21:40:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can always email the council and don't sign the email, you maybe able to find out that way. You could make up some story about neighbours having several reptiles and although they are casuing no problems you were just enquiring as to whether it was allowed.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  21:45:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
horrid woman!! could you also ring social services and have a chat with them explaning the situation and see what they say? like you have said they are in locked vivs and are secure wouldn't have though they would be that bothered, would imagine your court order would tell them all they need to know about the mentality of this woman! hope you get it sorted!!

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  21:54:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She sounds like a really nasty piece of work. :( I hope you get it all sorted. I'm sure if you just phone the council and say you were thinking about getting some pets, and ask what is allowed, then you could find out what you need and hopefully all will be OK. Also, surely if she did do anything and they came to inspect and saw that the house was in a good state then they also wouldn't mind? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! xx

Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  00:32:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone its really encouraging to see all your comments :) I only have 2 corns now just midget and crackle as my other half threw a paddy about me having too many :( but id be so sad to see them go too x ill ring them and see what they say tomoz xx Fingers crossed from me too xx

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  00:58:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Just as everyone has said, talk to the council and social worker
I so hope you get it sorted xxx

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro