New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ShaneyyWithWiz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
106 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  18:27:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wiz is in shed and i'm nervous following two previous sheds that have gone bad but shall crank up the humidity and hope for the best. At least hes got me, his old buddy to help him through :)

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  20:21:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have you tried a moist hide rather than altering the environments humidity, try a damp facecloth over his warm hide or some damp kitchen roll or sphagmum moss in a plastic takeaway carton with a hole cut big enough for snake to get in, doesn't raise humidity too much then and he'll get in if he feels he needs to

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2012 :  10:04:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Shaney, not sure if you saw my other thread but I was in the exact same position as you last week! Corno had only had 2 previous sheds with us and both times had needed help. This time when she went into blue I tried putting a wet hide in... she didn't go near it, obviously didn't like it, once the moss had dried out I removed it and she started going in the empty hide again. Whether the hide made a difference to the overall humidity or whether it was just a coincidence I don't know, but over the weekend her 3rd shed was done all on her own and almost perfect! I know how worrying it is, so have my fingers crossed for you Wiz manages this time

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000