Page: of 3

WannaCornSnakeTeen
Hatchling

United Kingdom
163 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  17:37:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smiffy89

but please dont feed it to them as some numptys will suggest as this can cause serious health issues like DEATH to name 1.

'some numptys' lol

why would you suggest that anyway- just cruel

Don't like it, shut up!

Corn Snake Power Point- https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=1f2dd1061fc5c411&resid=1F2DD1061FC5C411!124&parid=1F2DD1061FC5C411!117&authkey=!AFpK0dBmsJ_1da4

Help please http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21981
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  18:27:53  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lupi lou

mice are hard to sex, not like hamsters where its really obvious! we made that mistake at college! unfortunaly mum had problems after the birth and died so poor babys ended up as hatchling food.

mr jingles could yet become mrs jingles!!

The mice that come out my freezer aren't hard to sex :o I carry them with forceps by their massive man parts lol

He may have been joking :p

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  20:30:56  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry Mr Jingles isn't on anyones menu and Rhubarb and Custard have no idea he is even in the house.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  20:42:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So how is Mr. Jingles doing today? He's soooo cute <3
Go to Top of Page

Emmy1
Yearling

707 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  20:46:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even though there's snow on the ground, they are extremely hardy little creatures and do well in all weather conditions. If it's doing well by tomorrow afternoon and is walking about eating and watering okay, I'd send it on it's way from outside your property. They heal very quickly and could have bred early, which means she has a few babies to get back too before a male finds her nest. If it's a male, he has a fair few females to get round to yet, and a few males to see off his patch!

0.1.0 Anery Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Western Hognosed Snake
1.0.0 Albino California Kingsnake
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Wildtype, Hypo)
0.0.3 Shubunkin Goldfish
Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  21:50:44  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Spreebok, he's doing very well, just now he's sat in the food bowl tucking into some hamster food. I've made a point of no handling (apart from bathing his shoulder on Saturday and yesterday) just topping up his food and changing the water daily getting him ready for release. I spoke to a lady in the next village who runs a wildlife rescue center and she has advised to carry on for the next couple of days with what I'm doing now just to make sure that infection doesn't flare up as it's only been two and a half days and then start to gradually lower the temperature over the next couple of days and then look to releasing towards the end of the week.

Emmy1 apparently their breeding season has just started with gestation lasting between 20 and 25 days with babies usually arriving around the third/fourth week in Feb so if Mr Jingles turns out to be a Mrs Jingles then she could be carrying babies and she will still have time to find a nice safe place to build her nest ready for the birth.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  22:03:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CentricMalteser85

breed for snake food or use this one as snake food

afterall in the wild corn snakes have to eat what they can find,

and a very good friend of mine occassionaly his cat brings home a mouse for snakey to eat, and does so - after 5-6 years, no health issues whatsoever

EDIT: spell check

quote:
Originally posted by ozziesmum

Hee hee oh well always room for one more I guess.

Wow, do people actually give out advice this awful whilst sane?!

I have a close friend who likes to drive far too fast, doesn't make it a good idea.

Beggars belief.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser85
Banned Again

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  00:03:54  Show Profile  Visit CentricMalteser85's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I suggested feeding it, does that mean you are insulting me by calling me a numpty based on your comment? I surely hope not

As for issues, unless you went to a herp vet who did tests, you could not determine the wild mouse feed was cause of death, but only assume by coincidence

As stated I have a friend who feeds his female carolina wild mice caught by his cat, and never had an issue and this is over serious time,

quote:

i meant having a mouse in the house when you have snakes aswell(pictures mouse dancing around teasing snakes)
but please dont feed it to them as some numptys will suggest as this can cause serious health issues like DEATH to name 1.

Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser85
Banned Again

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  00:06:14  Show Profile  Visit CentricMalteser85's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Matter of opinion, and driving too fast is very different to feeding a snake what it would normally eat in the wild anyway, and probably some things much worse, so lets not make stupid comparisons!

quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

quote:

breed for snake food or use this one as snake food

afterall in the wild corn snakes have to eat what they can find,

and a very good friend of mine occassionaly his cat brings home a mouse for snakey to eat, and does so - after 5-6 years, no health issues whatsoever

EDIT: spell check

quote:

Hee hee oh well always room for one more I guess.

Wow, do people actually give out advice this awful whilst sane?!

I have a close friend who likes to drive far too fast, doesn't make it a good idea.

Beggars belief.

Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  00:10:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope mr jingles is doing well. As for the feeding him to the snakeys, I don't think it would be a great idea, just because it COULD eat it and it MIGHT be ok, for the sake of a few pence of a frozen mouse is it worth it? As humans we eat rabbit but we don't go out and eat road kill? I don't think anything was meant as a personal comment just an opinion. I think we have quite a few opinionated people on here (including myself) I think we need to work on constructive advise, rather than proving each other wrong? :)

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  00:20:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has to be remembered that wild animals are exposed to things our 'wrapped in cotton wool' snakes aren't and probably due to the length of time the gene line has been in the pet trade has no resistance to. In the wild only the strongest survive, in the pet trade only the very sick die so the animals aren't built as sturdy and hardy as their wild friends.

In the same respect wild animals such as mice are exposed to lots of things our captive farmed mice are not. Pesticides, poisons, toxins are all out there you just cant tell what its been feeding on, it might not look sick, why would it, they've had generations of this, our snakes not so much.

Best to just leave the wildlife alone and buy in food that is from a reliable source.

Back to topic though, I would be looking to release the mousey as soon as possible, snow or not, just make sure the cat is in walk it back to where you found it and release it, it will be fine, they are well built for the cold.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  00:27:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry i went off topic i actually meant to post................. as lotabob said, snow or no snow i would release it, the longer it is away from its natural enviroment the harder it will be. just think, if none of this had happened he would be out in it.

good luck mr jingles

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  00:50:32  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Much love to Mr Jingles. I'm glad to hear he is doing so well. Would love to see a release video

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

smiffy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  00:50:33  Show Profile  Click to see smiffy89's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

I suggested feeding it, does that mean you are insulting me by calling me a numpty based on your comment? I surely hope not
As for issues, unless you went to a herp vet who did tests, you could not determine the wild mouse feed was cause of death, but only assume by coincidence
As stated I have a friend who feeds his female carolina wild mice caught by his cat, and never had an issue and this is over serious time,

quote:

i meant having a mouse in the house when you have snakes aswell(pictures mouse dancing around teasing snakes)

1.No i am not insulting you, your own intelligence is doing an ample job of that my good man.

2.I didnt say it will, i said it could so wind your neck back in.

3.Im sick to the back teeth of you ruining posts on this forum over the last few days despite being told by mods to report any issues to them you are actually draining the pleasure of being a member of this site with your selfish ways.
rant over i refuse to waste any more time discussing anything with you.
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  01:00:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IVE ACTUALLY JUST ABOUT HAD ENOUGH, PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES FOR POSTING, IF THIS ATTITUDE FROM FOLKS CONTINUES THEN SOME FOLKS WILL BE ENJOYING A NICE HOLIDAY AWAY FROM THE FORUM

I reckon thats clear enough now anyone want to try my patience

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  09:55:32  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Problems solved. Thanks Gmac.
Much love to all as well.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  10:11:24  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Firstly can I please apologise to the mods that this genuine request for advice has turned into an argument that was not my intention and for that I am very sorry.

Mr Jingles is going off to start his soft release at a friends small holding this evening, the open faun will be put into one of his stables where he will be able to make the decision when to leave his temporary residence. I shall be sorry to see the little guy go but it was never my intention to keep him and I have done what I set out to do which was to make sure he was safe and sound while he recovered.

Jane.

Go to Top of Page

Starmist
Hatchling

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  16:57:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How beautiful is Mr Jingles! I did this once when my cat caught one! I managed to rescue it into an old hamster tank. Did a bit of DIY emergency cleaning on the wound. It made it through the night, but died in the morning. Most probably due to shock! Have fun with him, they're very cute!!

Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  19:05:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good luck to mr jingles

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  19:09:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Firstly can I please apologise to the mods that this genuine request for advice has turned into an argument that was not my intention and for that I am very sorry.

No need for you to apologise this was not your doing ;)

Although if it happens again there will be a box of jaffa cake fine :D

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000