phew ! part2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2012 :  14:36:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this morning I peeped in on sharon to see if she'd shed yet, and found a big long snakey-skin.....
and no snake.

I completely emptied the viv of all furniture, checked under the aspen etcetc and she was definitely gone-

just about controlling the hyper-ventilating, didn't mention it to 7yo son aka snake-toilet, and as soon as he'd been delivered to school began The Search.....
(bearing in mind that her viv is next to two shelf units that look like this:

...amazingly she had only traveled about a yard and a half and was eventually found, about 45 minutes later, sitting on top of a box on a middle shelf. The position she was in, she could easily have been watching us the whole time we were carefully emptying boxes, and searching through files and whatnot.. nauhgty girl
i was SO pleased to find her...
disaster averted- phew!

(and the shelves are getting a major tidy-up, too!)

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....

smiffy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2012 :  15:47:12  Show Profile  Click to see smiffy89's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol she probably just fancied a stroll, would try to find out how she got out though, save having to go on a rescue mission again.
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2012 :  17:30:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lucky you found her
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2012 :  17:45:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you found he so fast!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2012 :  18:08:46  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What a relief you managed to find her so quickly. Do you have any idea how she got out?

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2012 :  18:47:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank God you found her so quick. Its a horrible feeling isn't it.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2012 :  19:22:17  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad you found her so quickly. I've had that sick feeling you get when you find the viv empty before, it's not fun.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2012 :  19:28:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pleased you found her - she saw the shelves and fancied an adventure i'm sure

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2012 :  21:37:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thx all; finding her that fast was only because super-calm OH was looking too- I was being typically useless and going oh god oh god oh god while he ignored me and did systematicly calm and thorough shelf-checking til he found her.

I thinkshe got out either through the gap between the doors, (now with a lovely red page-gripper thingy to fill THAT gap, or else she got out through the teensiest 2mm space where the door wasn't quite closed cos some aspen was in the way. There is absolutely NO other escape route as far as I can tell. Haven't got a proper lock yet, so its a blob of blu-tac for now in the centre bottom of the doors, holding both in the closed position- just til tomorrow.. and maybe a roll or two of gaffa tape wrapped round and round the viv to hold the doors properly shut, haha
seriously, I can't go through that again, I've enough grey hairs already!!

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....
Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser85
Banned Again

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2012 :  23:07:18  Show Profile  Visit CentricMalteser85's Homepage  Reply with Quote
glad you found snakey

and you will be surprised how much of a small gap they can squeeze through and aspen is a pain in the backside especially when you dont realise it lol

if there is a slight gap between the glass doors (though I never had issue with mine), I think someone mention about door wedges which stops the glass moving etc

other than that just make sure aspen is out the way

i kno you're joking about using gaffa tape, but please avoid it, because there are many who use gaffa tap inside their viv and then complain when there snake is stuck, just dont want anyone taking it wrongly, as i kno ur joking
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000