New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2012 :  18:51:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I find it really sweet when the snakes respond to my voice and come out to see us when they know we're there. Last night I had Falco out, he's used to my 11 yr old Daughter and I holding him,(and doesn't like my Husband looking at him lol) and my 14 yr old Son asked to hold him as he's not seen him in a while... Falco was all arched and had as little of him as possible touching my Son, when I got closer and put my hand out to take him he literally jumped into my arms! I've never seen anything like that before, and he was so relaxed to be back with me again. I didn't think he would be so bothered, and wondered if anyone else had such behaviour in their snake?

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2012 :  18:54:11  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
dont think so, if everyone smells the same i dont think it rlly matters for sonny :)

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Redshift Spec
Hatchling

379 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2012 :  18:59:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank only likes me getting him out because the OH jumped a few times when he moved whilst trying to pickup. So when sh puts her hand in he legs it by if I do he just sits there (usually). Once he is out he couldn't care less

Frank (Amel Corn 1.0)
Felicity (Flick) (Normal Het Albino BCI 0.1)
Jack (Sunglow BCI 1.0)
Maisie (Hypo het Albino BCI 0.1)
Silver (Snow Corn 0.1)
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2012 :  20:04:02  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mine aren't bothered who holds them, a hand to climb on is a hand to climb on :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2012 :  21:34:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dunno, but I have noticed that Holly will try everything he can to get back over to me if someone else holds him! Lister is happy to flop on whoever.
Tiny Kryten though, he will ignore everyone, but when he sees me, he zooms over and strives to climb out!
Go to Top of Page

c00ki3z
Hatchling

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2012 :  10:01:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Because my male Fire Solaire is really skittish my OH will not hold him, but my Amber (Carolina 8months old) doesn't mind either of us and is very relaxed, she wanted to go sleep on my OH's hand cause they're so warm, I had to take her off in case she pooped on him. :/

1.0 Fire Corn Snake (Solaire)
1.0 Carolina Corn Snake (Amber)
1.0 G.Rosea (Hailey)
0.1 G.pulchra (Ebony)
0.1 Cat (Brea)
0.1 Dog (Mini Schnauzer (Rosie))
Wishlist: MBK, Avalanche Corn
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2012 :  10:17:14  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mine dont seem bothered who holds them however if the persons a bit nervous they get a bit jittery so i wonder if snakes are like dogs and pick up or smell fear lol

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2012 :  10:40:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure they can pick up on fear. When my snake phobic Husband forced himself to hold Voldemort, he was very skittish and jumpy (the snake not husband lol)and is never like that with anyone used to holding him. Interesting to see quite a few have a preference to who they want to go to, more sensitive than you would imagine

Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2012 :  13:32:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Corno is perfectly happy with either me or hubby (possibly happier with him actually which I find annoying as I do all the cleaning out/changing water and hold her more etc lol!). She is starting to accept my son as he himself is getting more confident and better at handling. My (almost) 4 yr old is too, er, not jumpy exactly, as she's not scared, but she won't keep her hands still lol, so she's only allowed to let Corno slither across her as yet, and Corno certainly won't settle on her but will quite happily climb up her etc.

I think some of it will be familiarity etc (I try to always use the same handwash etc so I always smell the same) and some just how confident and calm the handler is.

Go to Top of Page

sue2012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
391 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2012 :  16:40:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
only my daughter can hold my big boy ozzy if anyone else trys to get him out his viv he goes all stiff and jumps away and if we have hold of him out his viv he is never that happy but if my daughter puts her hand out in front of him he is up her arm and on her shoulder quicker than any thing lol

1.0 Caroliner - Ozzy
1.0 caramel
Bloodred - Damon
0.1 sulfor - Stella
0.1 moonstone - letti
1.0 lavender - tazz
0.1 amber opal - salt
0.2 cats buffy & narla
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2012 :  16:51:21  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Most of mine are happy to be handled by other people but one freaks out with anyone else. They all slither in my direction when they've had enough whoever holds them!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2012 :  18:55:18  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lately my king cares a whole lot. I will be snuggling and cuddling him and he will be all gone. Sister or mum walks into the room he goes proper mental, start hissing, flinging himself everywhere it is quite scary! The corns don't care at all really.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

meggi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
321 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2012 :  19:42:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Toby minds who handles him
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2012 :  20:15:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure about handling but one of my corns didn't eat for three weeks when I was on holidays one time! The chap who was calling in to mind them tried to feed him three times with no luck. He strike fed the day I came back :P Probably a massive coincidence but made me feel special..!

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000