Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2012 :  20:06:26  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lol thats exactly what i have done and the rectangular ones are still reading higher i doubt thered be 1=5 degress difference a millimetre or two apart ? hence my assumption they were faulty

im upgrqading the mats anyway as the snakes require bigger mats but i noticed after my first swap that once i swapped to the ultratherm mats there was next to no drop really at all as opposed to using the smaller 6x11 mats which varied a few degrees when powered off by the stat (which i know is normal using on/off stats) but i figured minimal flucntuation surely has to be better for the snake

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser85
Banned Again

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2012 :  21:04:17  Show Profile  Visit CentricMalteser85's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if they are reading higher but well within 1 degree it should be fine

if the difference is more, get rid of the rectangular ones

perhaps the ulratherm mats keep their heat more easily than other brands, but to be fair fluctation isn't going to do any harm, because think ofit in wild terms, they wouldn't have a heat mat etc

but if it is a concern then use the mat you suggsted with minimal,

you can also by pulse thermostats, which also helps maintain the temp better than that of an on/off mat stat
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2012 :  22:17:48  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Centric you posted links to two different thermometers. One being the rectangular ones and one being the oval shaped ones. Eeji posted a link to the oval shaped ones. I am pretty sure that Paul said it was the rectangular ones that were giving him the problems not the ones that Eeji posted and that you also gave a link for. Therefore the confusion is yours not Paulies.

(Does that even make sense cos even I am getting confused now lol)

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser85
Banned Again

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  00:57:06  Show Profile  Visit CentricMalteser85's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am talking about my ORIGINAL ebay link which are the same as eeji's from his web link

I got confused because paulie spoke about them not working correctly but didn't specify which ones

I tried elaborating using palie's link as well

hence the confusion got worse,

anyway, at least we have established that it is the rectangular ones that are the issue at the moment and NOT the ones in my original ebay link or the ones in eeji link lol
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000