New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lloyd david
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  15:31:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the first week i fed my 3 month old corn he just took the pinky and it slid down nice,this week he really lunged at it and got hold of the side and had trouble getting it down......im worried now about next weeks feeding,is he hungry ? am i doing it wrong?? can anyone help

lloyd

ShaneyyWithWiz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
106 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  16:06:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He struck at it, that is the natural way to catch their prey before constricting. As for the trying to eat it side ways ... snakes are quite stupid and he was just trying to work it out my royal did the same thing last week just leave him to it he will eat it easy enough when he gets the head or tail

Edited by - ShaneyyWithWiz on 22/01/2012 16:07:00
Go to Top of Page

madmartyn
Hatchling

United Kingdom
139 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  17:18:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mine decided to bite hers sideways on this week and then instead of constricting just wanted to drag it backwards and out of the tub i put her in to feed, and a bit worrying for me decided to eat it tail first took her ages as one foot was sticking out and the other one looked like it was going to come out the side of her head. eventually she kinda spat it out and got both feet in and it went down but i didnt know wether to help out and try turn it round for her or not so decided to let nature take its course and left her to it

0.1.0 Okeetee/caramel thumper
0.1.0 bearded dragon izzie
0.1.0 bci lola
0.0.1 hypno toad (albino horned toad)
0.1.0 king dr lecter
Go to Top of Page

ShaneyyWithWiz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
106 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  18:12:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by madmartyn

mine decided to bite hers sideways on this week and then instead of constricting just wanted to drag it backwards and out of the tub i put her in to feed, and a bit worrying for me decided to eat it tail first took her ages as one foot was sticking out and the other one looked like it was going to come out the side of her head. eventually she kinda spat it out and got both feet in and it went down but i didnt know wether to help out and try turn it round for her or not so decided to let nature take its course and left her to it

I leave mine when anything like that happens I mean in the wild they haven't got us to help so I think they'll be fine, Although I do keep an eye on them eating incase something does go wrong im there :)

Go to Top of Page

lloyd david
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2012 :  15:26:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShaneyyWithWiz

He struck at it, that is the natural way to catch their prey before constricting. As for the trying to eat it side ways ... snakes are quite stupid and he was just trying to work it out my royal did the same thing last week just leave him to it he will eat it easy enough when he gets the head or tail

oh thanks that has made me feel better

lloyd
Go to Top of Page

lloyd david
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2012 :  15:28:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by madmartyn

oh im so glad its not just me thanks

lloyd
Go to Top of Page

lloyd david
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2012 :  15:29:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thankyou all for my replies i feel ok now im not as stupid as my corn eddie

lloyd
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic