big corn???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

smiffy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2012 :  13:03:58  Show Profile  Click to see smiffy89's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just put my female cb08 snow motley on the scales and she weighs 630 grams.
is this a good weight for her age

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2012 :  13:33:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's within a healthy range, maybe a little on the upper side.. But it's like asking if a person is overweight if they weigh 15st... Before you realise you're talking about a rugby player. Every snake has a different frame, so if they're quite short and that heavy, then it may be overweight, but if it's a long snake then it might not be. If you post a couple of pics it should be easier to tell.

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2012 :  16:25:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My cb08 male weighs in at 421g but is not thin he looks just right for his length. They all vary greatly.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2012 :  16:32:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18

It's within a healthy range, maybe a little on the upper side.. But it's like asking if a person is overweight if they weigh 15st... Before you realise you're talking about a rugby player. Every snake has a different frame, so if they're quite short and that heavy, then it may be overweight, but if it's a long snake then it might not be. If you post a couple of pics it should be easier to tell.

Agree entirely

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2012 :  17:24:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably more healthy than my cb08, he weights about 850grams. He's a good sized corn, but diet is going slowly. Hasten to add I adopted him, he weighed that before I got him >___>

Edit: Weighed him today, he's now 926GRAMS?!? How?! He's being fed one jumbo every month and gets exercise every day! :O

Edited by - Spreebok on 14/01/2012 23:14:00
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  09:48:17  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Might want to make it a medium or large a month :P

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  17:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Might want to make it a medium or large a month :P

I think so! Sheeesh! Thing is, he doesn't look fat, he looks in proportion! Is it possible it's muscle mass? I mean, he pretty much spent 4 years of his life not coming out, he had hardly any room ( he was in a 2ft until I got him) and only had a log in there, no hides. Now, he has hides, tubes, a 3ft viv, is always active ect ect. I mean, I dunno if it works like that, fat to muscle?
Go to Top of Page

smiffy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2012 :  13:19:43  Show Profile  Click to see smiffy89's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
she measures just over 5 1/2 ft
weighed her again last night after a what i can only describe as massive poo that smelled like something had died .
she weighed in at 613g,for some reason my laptop doesnt like photobucket at the moment but im sure a nice scottish chap will come along soon an put the photo up from my fb page

Edited by - smiffy89 on 16/01/2012 13:22:56
Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2012 :  20:45:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
er, massive poo = something DID die.....

unless yr big fab snakey eats linda mcartney vegetarian sausages???

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000