New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  15:53:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was wondering what people think of these http://rickyspethouses.weebly.com/vivarium-prices-and-info.html

Thought they look a little different but was wondering about the wood. Even when sealed would it be a problem to keep clean with the nooks and crannys?

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  16:29:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Without actually seeing them hard to talk of build quality but 10mm wood doesn't sound very solid.

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  16:48:49  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
10mm wood us fairly solid the way he has it built. But would depend on the joint profile.

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  19:13:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is it just me or does that look like pine?? would that be a problem or is it just as a substrate its toxic?

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2012 :  13:19:08  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It does look like pine, and yes it would cause problems as snakes can even poo on the roof unless they are maybe sealed?

There not a good price, they are very expensive! Viv exotics are cheaper than that and come with a 2 year warranty if anything bad happens.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2012 :  15:00:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a viv exotic already for one of the skinks and to be honest I am not very impressed with it which why I was looking at these. I am going to have a stack built to my specifications now, already have some that have been built by the same person, and they are rock solid everything a snug fit no gaps. They will built using conti board. Works out alot more expensive but you get what you pay for and I want them to last.
Actually having just sat and worked it out theres not a huge difference prive wise to viv exotic. Two double stacks each viv being 3ft x 18" x 15"high. In a choice of colours, 6mm toughened glass completely sealed for £290. Viv exotic VX's is not much cheaper with delievry added on and I would have to seal them myself.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family

Edited by - Red123 on 13/01/2012 15:05:04
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000