New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  12:24:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After picking aspen out of my Amel Psirens mouth this morning (goodness knows how it got there) I had a little think, and came to a conclusion.

Out of all my corns, she is the biggest pain in the bum. Great escapes, things stuck in her mouth, catching herself on things, giving the occasional feeding mode nip. As much as I love her, she is the ONE corn :L

Was curious to know if any of you have that 'One Snake'?

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  13:24:14  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep. Aguna, the anery, is still very skittish. A couple of weeks ago she dived out of the back of her faun behind 3 heavy sets of units. Had to tear all that apart to get her out from behind them. She also never lets me know when she is going to shed until I find her half way through one.....

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

Emmy1
Yearling

707 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  13:25:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not a snake, but my female Beardie Ned. She's such a pest!
Usually about ten minutes after I've finished cleaning her viv, she's either knocked her vegetable tray over, pooed or trashed the decor.
When she has free run of the house, she dives under the couch or always insists on heading towards the back of the TV.
Always attacks the box of crickets before I have a chance to open it, subsequently leading to her chasing a gazillion crickets because I've ended up spilling them everywhere and I'm dancing and diving to catch them too.
9 times out of 10 will poo on small children with lovely clothing when they visit our society leading to me apologizing refusely to the unimpressed parent and her looking lovely and smug with herself.

But damn I love her for it! The most entertaining reptile I have.

0.1.0 Anery Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Western Hognosed Snake
1.0.0 Albino California Kingsnake
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Wildtype, Hypo)
0.0.3 Shubunkin Goldfish

Edited by - Emmy1 on 07/01/2012 13:27:39
Go to Top of Page

yola
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  13:37:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Miami that we got 3yrs ago, every time I went near her or to handle her shed either go for me or bite me, with persistence she doesn't do this anymore but she is still very fast and wirey (she does cerkits of the Viv loads of times) so to speak, and always without fail strike feeds. I have herd alot of miamis are great feeders and wirey little buggers like mine

With 27 beautiful corns I definitely have snakeitus :-)
Go to Top of Page

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  14:18:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
both my girls could be classed in that category cancer insists on pooing on me or my bed quite often when she's out. even when i think its safe. Casta on the other hand is as good as gold with things like that but either has troubles with sheds, being accident prone and falling from things, or giving me a heart attack by not being findable... picking up my new one tommorow so we'll see what (possibly) he bring.

Go to Top of Page

smiffy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  15:19:06  Show Profile  Click to see smiffy89's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my femal snow motley is probably the most annoying due to the fact every time i clean her viv she leaves me a present with out fail, i even tried just putting 1 piece of news paper in to fool her but no she waited while the nice soft kitchen roll went down lol little bugger
Go to Top of Page

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  16:02:25  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Woody is a wolf in disguise. He/she normally hides all day with just his nose sticking out from whatever hide he's in. Tolerates handling and never snaps but always happy to get back into the hidey-holes.

BUT .... at the slightest whiff of a mouse the lupine gene kicks in and the Mr Hyde transformation takes place. Wham-bam-thankyou-mam and that mouse is claimed with a lightning strike bite, strangled something rotten, chomped from head to tail and back up to the head again. Once he's sure that it is dead it gets dropped and he does a crazy check of the area to make sure that nothing else is within thieving distance, including me!! If I so much as blink or twitch then I could be next on the menu for the treatment. He heads straight for any movement with a look of starved rottweiller. I'm sure I can see that top lip curl up in a snarl worthy of an old Hammer Film performance. Just to make sure that the mouse is not playing possum it gets another chomping and constriction then it is gone in a blink!!

BTW, Woody is fairly petite at 3 feet/300grams but gulps down a large mouse faster than Taggart (5 feet/900grams) and Mirkey (4feet/400+ grams).

I'm feart to try feeding on the nights with a full moon.... the howling might disturb the neighbours.

1.0.0: Miami Normal: Taggart
0.0.1: Carolina Normal: Wee Woody
0.0.1: Grey Rat Snake: Mirkey
0.0.1: Amel Corn: Blaze
1.0.0: Carpet Python: Vambo
0.0.1: MBK: Fester
0.0.1: Florida King Snake : Rattler (Rattle & Hum)
0.0.1. California King Snake: El Diablo Diego
0.2.0 Tarantulas : Ermintrude & Euphemia.
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  17:04:58  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I only have one snake, and apart from being a incy bit reluctant at dinner time recently she's perfect :)

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  17:32:59  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes, my mbk Ozzy gets aspen in his mouth somehow randomly, he sneezes or hisses randomly very loud so it scares the hell out me and is always scuffing his nose and wanting to come out.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  07:50:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, these are fab people, keep them coming!

A little update on Psiren, she has lost her Viv privileges, and has been lobbed in a faun for now. The Viv she was in was split horizontally, with her on top and Lister on the bottom. They'd been happy enough for months like that, but she recently discovered she CAN fit through the tiniest gap between the glass and the division, and I would always find her with her head poking out of Listers warm hide, a cheeky look on her face. I lobbed her into Rimmers faun and gave Rimmer the run of the top part of the viv, until I could get ahold of another viv (or most likely rub now).

I came home from work yesterday to find Lister and Rimmer sprawled out together in the open in Rimmers half. Apparently, Mr. Fattie Mc. Nevermoves had discovered that he TOO can fit in the gap. I've given up for the moment, they're both blokes, and will be going to b&q today to get something to plug that blooming gap!
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  10:06:18  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yup i got one too ..Barl shes the smallest/youngest ill clean out her rub put fresh everything back in turn my back and a split second later its been pooped in peed in hides have been moved and the place as been wrecked lol

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  23:04:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmm tricky.. when talking about being the rudest snake for pooping, trashing the viv, just being a general sh1te its gotta be Zero.. I love him so much but hes the devils buddy I'm telling you (btw I think he's up for sale so if anyone wants to try and tame the beast then let me know! )

if talking about the one who you just can't be mad at simply because of how far shes come it has toe be Aura.. after hand feeding her for nearly 8months and having the fear that she wouldn't make it I find it hard to be annoyed at her when she trashes her viv and poops everywhere minutes after it being cleared out!!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Thante
Hatchling

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  23:37:46  Show Profile  Visit Thante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tequila jumps at everything. It doesn't make a difference how much or little i handle him, what time of day it is or if he is in shed. If i blink or breath where he can see me, or anyone or anything else alive or inanimate in the room moves he will twitch. He even does it when he first sees his dinner, but no striking just a gentle prod to see if its really dead and a slow leisurely munch.

Thank fully i very slowly seem to be calming him. to start i kept him away from people, put lots of hides in his tank and generally did things to help him feel safe. Now i've given up that method and done the opposed, he's in the most visible place posable with only 2 hides, after 2 weeks of not seeing him, he is now out and about not jumping at movement around his tank. Although he still hates handling and is a lazy feeder.

0.1.0 Cherry - 09 Normal
1.0.0 Tequila - 09 Caramel Motley
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  09:03:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its got to be Petal,my hognose. She completely trashes her RUB everyday,and everyday I sort it back out again knowing I'm fighting a losing battle.
She has a major digathon in the cool end which over the hours leaves her with no aspen covering the first inch/2 inches at all in the cool end,loads of it piled up in the hot end and her water bowl is moved up to almost the centre of the RUB and completely filled with aspen.
Oh,and before moving her to a bigger RUB she was in a little tub and insisted on pooing in the warm end and causing condensation everytime,stank loads too!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  17:44:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For me it has to be the Dwarf Retic! She's not beyond nipping if she's in a "I'll have you!" mood, she can stretch nearly 3ft of herself out unsupported and tries to climb furniture units when she's out and she dictates how long playtime is by gripping my arm whenever I try to put her back! She has now started either hissing quietly and thoughtfully to herself, or possibly just sneezing, when out, which makes you think twice in case she's having a crossy moment!

She's definately my "one", but I love her loads

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2012 :  15:57:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not a snake but, I would have to say George one of the Schneider skinks we have. Spends most of his day seeing if he can due a death defying jump from his log to his basking light or UV light. He will even sit undewrneath the basking light, head tilted backwards just watching the light, all of a sudden he leaps straight up and head butts it. VERY strange. Oh and he will charge at me when I put my hand in his viv. Mouth open and hissing at me. He really has an amazing character and really entertaining to watch. Forgot mention he will also climb to the top of his plant which is 2ft from the floor and just let go, think its what Buzz Light Year called falling with style!

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family

Edited by - Red123 on 13/01/2012 15:58:18
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000