New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  15:40:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok so i have talked my uncle who is a carpenter into making me a new viv for my two females. I’ve never had a viv made from scratch before (always purchased mine). My question is in regards to wiring... I want to use a heat mat and my long fluorescent bulb. Is the only way to do it to remove the plug and feed it through a drilled hole and then rewire it?? Kind of annoying for my fluorescent bulb because it has a wire at each end.

Also has anybody got any good plans for a viv?

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  16:18:09  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
When we built Custards viv we took the fluorescent light fitting to bits and disconnected the wires from the fitting and then put it back together again, a bit fiddly but worth it as you can then drill the holes exactly where you need them. I must add do not attempt doing it this way unless you know what you are doing I had a carpenter and an electrician helping me build mine.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  19:23:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah i was thinking that. My uncles a carpenter so he's doing the woodwork. I'll probably rewire the plug myself though.. and try not to fry myself lol

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  12:42:35  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
im a sparks just to let u no. any problems with electrics let me no and ill help you

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000