New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yola
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  02:01:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok so iv been trawling thru some adds and came across one that selling 6 snakes, 2 babies wich are an Anery and a Normal, the other 4 are 3 Normals and a Pewter. They need to be rehomed as their 12wk old baby is allergic to them apparently and has been in hosp and then has to go back for its medication every eve.
Iv said to the lady im only intreasyed in the pewter and really dont have the room for 2 more babies as I kept 7 on from my breeding last year and I dont need any normals as I have 3 already.
She said I could have the pewter for £25, and has now emaild me back to say instead of £100 I can have the lot for £70 as she needs them gone asap, they come with a 3 foot Viv, 2 rubs, 2 heat mats, she said I could sell them on etc and then that the life of her baby is more important (I totally understand that), but I feel shes trying a guilt trip on me as I mentioned I had kids too.
I feel bad for her but tbh i dont have room for 2 more babies (as i have no doubt ill keep more babies from my breeding this year) and 3 normals that ill more than likley get stuck with. I really only want the pewter as i have other plans and on the look out for other adult morphs to add to my collection.
Sorry for the rant

With 27 beautiful corns I definitely have snakeitus :-)

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  09:47:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can be allergic to snakes? Thats news to me! I have snakes because im allergic to everything else! Lol :p 70 squid for the lot doesnt seem too bad an offer... Its not your responsibility to buy them though, even buying one is doing her a favour because she will be able to shift three more easily than four. Id say get the pewter then suggests she gives the normals to a pet shop!

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  10:06:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An allergy to snakes? Thats a new one by me! More likely to be the substrate than the snakes,or now the baby has arrived...
Anyway whatever the reason for selling,if you're only interested in the Pewter then just take the Pewter. Its still one snake less for them.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

yola
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  11:02:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I said to her that it would be one less snake to worry about homeing and suggested other sites to try to home them on and to try to sell the baby snakes togeather as some people mite specifically want babies and to also home the adults togeather as I would think she would have more luck trying that way.
I thought exactly the same, iv never heard of someone being allergic to snakes, just a silly excuse I reackon

With 27 beautiful corns I definitely have snakeitus :-)
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  17:43:53  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You can be allgeric to anything, people have had allegries to water of which means they are allegeric to everything including themselves so a snake allergy isn't that weird. Most people when they say they are allergic to cats, dogs x furry animal are not allergic to their fur, but its their spit and skin they are which you come into contact with when you stroke their hair.

If she wants to flog off quick, pets shops are probably best bet if they will take them, she probably get like £5 each for them if she can shift them. To be honest, it's not that great a deal for £70 for someone who really wants to shift them, sounds like she has been to a petshop already and asked and has worked out she will get like £60 for them.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000