Hapy new year everyone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  10:34:10  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey guys

Hope everyone had a great xmas and new year anyone get anything special for xmas ?
Sorry ive not been around xmas kinda went outta the window a bit some of you already know but my nan lost her battle with cancer 2 days before xmas we were told at xmas 2010 she had days or weeks to live so she fought till the bitter end bless her i spent her last days by her side so sleep food etc all went out the window and xmas was kinda put on the backburner
on a more positive note all the snakes now seem to be eating normally again Eddie and Artemis went through a bit of a fussy patch Artemis is now eating large mice quite happily Eddies reluctant to make the move up to smalls but im working on it just using the smallest small mice i can lol.
Ive converted 2 more snake fearing friends lol though there was an unfortunate incident with one lmao after the initial joy of overcoming his fear holding Artemis my friend suddenly found a very large puddle of poop covering his jeans haha poor guy its the first time Artemis has ever pooped outside her viv however it was a few days after her first large mouse so i guess she was probably a bit backed up ...still not been pooped on or tagged ...YET!

My wishlist for 2012 has changed slightly i do still want a/some royals but i think kings have moved to the top of the list also a carpet python would be awesome and id love a milksnake if i could find one locally lol

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  11:57:29  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about your Nan. Hope you're ok. On a happier note, it's good to convert wary people. Shame about the pooping!! I've wanted a royal for ages but still haven't managed to free up any space for a viv. Maybe one day...........

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  12:31:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear about your Nan, such a sad time to lose her. Take care, and good luck with your 2012 plans

Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  12:34:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry for your sadness. I,m really wanting a king now !

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page

Kez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  14:46:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear about your Nan, Paulie, I'm thinking of you . She's resting in peace now with no more pain but must have been a very strong lady indeed to have carried on fighting for so long. God bless her. You never know, she may have been looking down and having a chuckle to herself at your friend's unfortunate predicament!

Wishing you and your family a happy 2012; keep smiling

0.1.0 - CB10 Creamsicle - Maisie
0.1.0 - CB10 Ultramel Motley - Smudge
1.0.0 - Leopard Gecko - Ziggy
1.0.0 - Crested Gecko - Koji
0.0.1 - Chahoua - Chewie
0.1.0 - Rescue Greyhound - Becki
Go to Top of Page

Emmy1
Yearling

707 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  14:57:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bless you Paulie, so sorry about your poor Nan.

Good to hear your snakes are coming back on track. Hope Eddie finally goes up to larger prey

Having just aquired a King myself, I shall recommend them highly as a really cool snake to keep.

0.1.0 Anery Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Western Hognosed Snake
1.0.0 Albino California Kingsnake
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Wildtype, Hypo)
0.0.3 Shubunkin Goldfish
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  16:06:48  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys after a very long two years im just glad shes not in pain anymore just dont know what to do with all my free time now as i used to visit her twice a week big plans afoot for the flat though so i can make some space for more reptiles lol problem is where to start

1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Kez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  22:32:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps once you have made more room, you could name your next snakey addition after your Nan as a tribute?

0.1.0 - CB10 Creamsicle - Maisie
0.1.0 - CB10 Ultramel Motley - Smudge
1.0.0 - Leopard Gecko - Ziggy
1.0.0 - Crested Gecko - Koji
0.0.1 - Chahoua - Chewie
0.1.0 - Rescue Greyhound - Becki
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  22:45:48  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kez

Perhaps once you have made more room, you could name your next snakey addition after your Nan as a tribute?

I hadnt thought of that though imagaine if i got myself a rather mean looking Kingsnake and called it Winnie lol the poor thing would never live it down

1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  01:26:19  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear about your nan, I lost my grandpa a few months ago, so I feel your pain.

Happy New Year, hope 2012 brings good things for you.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page

Kath
Yearling

United Kingdom
697 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  14:23:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi paulie, sorry to hear about ur nan. I feel ur heartache coz we lost our grandad on New Years Day just gone so that wasn't a gud start to the year! He had cancer too & suffered a serious stroke few days before he passed away.
That was festivities well & truly over...

Glad to hear ur snakies are doing well.

Go to Top of Page

Corrah
Hatchling

United Kingdom
154 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  17:50:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many condolancies to you Paulie and Kath. Always sad to hear no matter what. It does get easier with time, but my thoughts are with you.

C x

1.1.3 Corn Snakes (Altivo, Millie, Peggy, Al & Fraggle)
2.1.0 Cats (Merlin, Floyd & Poppy)
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  19:30:50  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kath

Hi paulie, sorry to hear about ur nan. I feel ur heartache coz we lost our grandad on New Years Day just gone so that wasn't a gud start to the year! He had cancer too & suffered a serious stroke few days before he passed away.
That was festivities well & truly over...

Glad to hear ur snakies are doing well.

Really sorry to hear that kath my thoughts are with you and yours x ..thanks corrah

1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Kath
Yearling

United Kingdom
697 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2012 :  07:24:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Corrah & paulie... things can only get better eh paulie! Or so they say.... x

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000