Snake constipation?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scott1102
Egg

65 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2011 :  12:28:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feed my year old corn a small fuzzie every 5-7 days and the last two feeds iv seen no poo in her viv. Usually its almost garunteed that 2-3 days later ill find a big wollop of it but nothing latelly.

Is she constipated? should i feed her? she is supposed to get fed today

getting worried :(

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2011 :  12:36:37  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It will poo don't worry. You know is she is near having a shed as they can hold it in if they are, or sometime they just feel like holding it in. If shes on aspen then the poos maybe so tiny you can't see :P Normally when mine are holding onto a poo and I try and feed them, they poo right on the mouses head XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

Edited by - Sta~ple on 31/12/2011 12:37:42
Go to Top of Page

scott1102
Egg

65 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2011 :  12:58:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ha! lol

She shed about 2 weeks ago so i dont think shes ready again. yep shes on aspen, but usually her poos are MASSIVE lol to the point you can spot them a mile off.
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2011 :  16:50:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What you can try if you are still worried is a very shallow warm bath, this can help them go (most can freak out though ), or maybe just handle her for a while, this makes most poop!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Kath
Yearling

United Kingdom
697 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  16:43:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Scott, a while ago I was getting worried about Cornelius's bowel movements coz we'd been feeding him & he hadn't been pooing like normal.
Anyway, turned out I had nowt to worry about coz one night, I found a couple of poos behind a soft toy I have on my couch which is where he likes to wander when he's out & about!

Go to Top of Page

scott1102
Egg

65 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  16:50:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol :) ill keep an eye on her, this is 3 feeds now, fed her a couple of days ago so im expecting a poo either today or tomorrow morning
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  18:45:28  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Try not to worry, when they need to they will go. Some mice have a lot of nutrients and there's not so much waste so it might be that too. I've had the same concerns when I first kept snakes but it's really not that unusual and not a great cause for concern at this stage. I'd feed as normal and just wait for nature to take it's course.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000