New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tk72
Hatchling

United Kingdom
494 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2011 :  18:36:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seen loads of posts saying to use the rule of threes for breeding but what is a good retirement age for both male and females.

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2011 :  21:35:06  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
most breeders I know retire their females at around 10 yr old - some won't breed the girls every year either, giving them time off from the punishing stresses of egg production and laying

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

tk72
Hatchling

United Kingdom
494 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2011 :  23:59:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks eeji. You posted a while back you may be letting a few sub adults go are you still thinking of doing so? Might be interested.
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2011 :  00:44:21  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i've still not decided as yet, but possible candidates are:

0.2 Snow (both proven)
1.1 Amel het lava caramel
1.0 normal het amel anery (poss het/homo hypo, not sure of this), proven breeder

These two bred this year but I lost the full clutch so I *might* keep hold and try again next year (I'd like to see butter stripes from them!)
0.1 Amel het caramel stripe
1.0 Amel motley het anery poss het stripe, hypo, caramel (nice pinstripe pattern)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000