New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yola
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2011 :  12:02:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok so I brought a male proven Blizzard on hols this year for my breeding program as I have a Female one i also a dark Anery that has proven het for Lavender so was going to try and pair him with her.
Well iv now found out hes a she, im not happy tbh, I know mistakes happen but the bloke in the shop heard I had a female Blizzard and mentioned they had a trio out the back and were going to split and sell, so I was offerd the so called male for breeding.
Iv now had to rearange my plans for breeding so im just thinking about what pairings to do, i could do with some help on what I mite get if I pair certain ones togeather (im not great at using the corn calculater)
I was wondering what id get if I
Hypo male to my Anery het lavender girl or Sunglow to her or my Anery/Gost to her= what do you think id get from these possible pairings?
Sunglow boy to Blizzard girl or Anery/Gost boy to Blizzard girl=what would I get from these possible pairings?
Also im now despratly on the look out for a male Blizzard, if I managed to get a Blizzard male what would I get if I paired with these girls.
There are pics of my snakes on a thread called "meet my collection of corns" and pics of the Anery/gost on "ooooopps 5 new corns".
Would be grateful for any info help

With 27 beautiful corns I definitely have snakeitus :-)

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2011 :  13:14:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hypo to anery het lavender = normals het anery and hypo, poss het lavender
Sunglow to anery het lavender = normals get amel and anery, poss het lavender
Ghost to anery het lavender = anerys het hypo, poss het lavender (take the hypo out if he is just anery)
Sunglow to blizzard = amels het charcoal
Ghost to blizzard = normals het anery, amel, charcoal and hypo (take the hypo out if he is just anery)
blizzard to blizzard = blizzards (amel + charcoal)
blizzard to anery het lavender = normals het anery, amel and charcoal, poss het lavender

...i think didnt use the corn calc lol
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2011 :  19:13:37  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Figs

Hypo to anery het lavender = normals het anery and hypo, poss het lavender
Sunglow to anery het lavender = normals get amel and anery, poss het lavender
Ghost to anery het lavender = anerys het hypo, poss het lavender (take the hypo out if he is just anery)
Sunglow to blizzard = amels het charcoal
Ghost to blizzard = normals het anery, amel, charcoal and hypo (take the hypo out if he is just anery)
blizzard to blizzard = blizzards (amel + charcoal)
blizzard to anery het lavender = normals het anery, amel and charcoal, poss het lavender

...i think didnt use the corn calc lol

10/10, go to the top of the class!

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2011 :  12:40:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It does make me laugh when I hear stories of people selling 'proven breeder males/females' and they turn out the opposite sex makes me wonder how on earth they can be proven!!
The corn calculator is easy as pie, say your blizzard is het anery and you've got an anery het blizzard. Where it says anerythristic, click the drop down box next to it and select anery for one box, and then het anery for the other box next to it. Then select het charcoal and het amel from the drop down boxes in the same column as the one that you've selected as anery.
Then for the other column, select amel and charcoal with the one where you've selected het anery, so it should then look like this

And then you click calculate and it shows the results on the right hand side like in the pic above :)
I used to be reeeeeally confused by the corn calc as well, and then when I discovered how to do it I was like durrr where was I going wrong haha. Hope this helps!!
By the way, I think I saw you in Clandon a few weeks ago when Graham was showing off the het scaleless corns, and you wanted to see the hypo lavender hatchlings and you really liked the ghost motley? I was the one with brown hair that said to you 'I bred those!' lol.

Wanna know what animals I keep? Check out www.facebook.com/mnmreptiles :)

Go to Top of Page

yola
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2011 :  23:39:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awwww wow what a small world. I think I commented on your pics of your very prettie hypo lavender hatchies.
I could've spent a fortune there that day as they were stunning seeing them in the flesh , especially the hypo lavenders and the coast motley, but with the fact xmas was coming I couldnt streach to it really , i have saved my b-day money so hopefully when we pop over there i mite come away with a few newbies if there still there lol.
Gotta go over there soon as really need to confirm my thoughts on my blizzard and my Anery ph lavender that were brought as males specifically for next years breeding and graham wants to see my big Anery/gost lol, hes a big bugger. He did want some of my RO and Sunglows for the shop but I managed to sell them

With 27 beautiful corns I definitely have snakeitus :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000