New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tk72
Hatchling

United Kingdom
494 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2011 :  21:02:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I said starting to get worried. Cola still not feeding. Been 11 days now and still not interested in any food. Tried leaving it in her rub for a couple of hours with all the lights off. Tried warming it up with water, tried braining it. How long can I leave the mouse in with her before it starts to go bad. Need help people please this is turning into my second problem snake just worried if I am doing anything wrong. All my temps are right and change water every day. Just feel if anything goes wrong and she dies like Paddy did it is going to put us off having a snake and seems a shame as it took so much persuading to get one. The kids and me love having a snake so much but it seems to be turning into a bit of a nightmare.

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2011 :  21:04:32  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
11 days shouldnt be a problem at all :)
put the prey under her warm hide (so it stays warmish) and leave it overnight xx

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

SteGore
Yearling

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2011 :  21:17:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shouldnt be a problem.When i got mine it was 31 days until his first feed with me.And he's fed no problem for 3 months.(touch wood).I would leave it for another 5 days or so then try with a warm pinkie.

2.2.2.Corns-0.2.0.Cali Kings-0.1.0.MBK-1.0.0.Pastel Boa-1.0.0.CCP-0.1.0.Royal-1.0.0 BRB-0.1.0.Spotted Python-0.1.0.Olive Python-0.1.0.Trinket Snake.-1.0.0.Peppermint Pacman Frog-0.2.0.Train Millipedes-0.1.0.Armoured bush Cricket-2.GALS.6 Albino GALS-6 Pancake Slugs.1.Green Mantis.0.1.0.Shi-tzhu cross.
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2011 :  21:33:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please dont worry, Once Kellogs wouldnt feed for 6 weeks, others have gone a lot longer

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2011 :  12:53:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You say you have tried warming it up with water,but have you offered it straight from the quite warm water so it is really wet still?

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2011 :  13:32:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anything changed with her set up recently? Is she due a shed? Falco refused for 3 weeks when we got him and was a very shy feeder. I'd stop handling her, leave her 5 days then try again with a warmed pinkie/fuzzie whatever she's on. I put Falco's fuzzie under the hot tap for 30 seconds then put it straight in on the warm side. I used to just leave him and it would take hours for him to eat it, but now he takes it out of my hand. Try not to worry, easily said I know, but I'm sure she'll eat when she's ready

Go to Top of Page

tk72
Hatchling

United Kingdom
494 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2011 :  13:48:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ta all. But success last night. Before bed tried warming mouse with hair dryer then cut open top of head with scissors bit of juice came out and she was on it in a flash. Bit gruesome braining the mouse but if that's what it takes will gladly do it. Just on the shedding, she may well be due as had her for a month now and she has not shed. Does anyone else have to brain the mice and if so once you start will they have all feeds this way? Don't mind doing it just wondering. Thanks again for all the advice. Would go mad with worry if not for this site.
Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2011 :  17:12:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i always brain the pinkies before popping them into the dining room (rub)- I just got into the habit after our first problem snake- (totally understand what yr going through, we're now on our third baby snakey- finally got a greedy-guts who even scoffs down her dinner when she's in blue) Our first one didn't eat for about 3 months, breeder forced it once, then in the end swapped it for us for another that regurgitated twice then died. The original one started eating about 2 weeks after he took it back and is fine now, apparently, so when everyone says about they can go for months, it's true...
If you have to brain the pinky every meal to arouse snakey's interest, is that such a bad thing? I just pop a little hole in the top of its head with a pointed tweezer, serve it up still warm, and cover the top of the rub with a teatowel so she feels safe- they're very vulnerable mid-eating: yr snake might be a bit shy

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2011 :  17:32:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We tried braining using c0cktail sticks, he stil wouldnt eat in those few weeks though, nasty innit lol (the crunch got me!)

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2011 :  17:35:04  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i dont mind braining at all, in fact i've been tempted a few times to dissect the whole thing... the psychopathin me breaks out !

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2011 :  19:31:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
^ ^ i so would not have thought you would want to do that, seemed like such a nice girl! lmao

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2011 :  19:37:59  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
LMFAO not many people know about my dark side :P
I also have a miscroscope now, dissection here I come!! nxt time she refuses lol not wasting one she might eat :P

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

tk72
Hatchling

United Kingdom
494 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2011 :  07:44:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will have to change scalys name to frankenscaly. LOL
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2011 :  19:11:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tk72

Will have to change scalys name to frankenscaly. LOL

Love it!!!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2011 :  19:26:39  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
LOL thats epic!!
I quite often almost bring home roadkill 2 dissect as well :S

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic