shed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tona
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2011 :  22:06:13  Show Profile  Send tona an AOL message  Click to see tona's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my corn has shed for the first time with me and still has his old skin covering about a cm of the end of his tail, i have tried to get it off but it wont... what can i do ? /:

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2011 :  22:29:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12296 dealing with a retained shed part you want to read :D

Go to Top of Page

tona
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2011 :  22:35:59  Show Profile  Send tona an AOL message  Click to see tona's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i have tried what it says to get it off his tail but it wont ):
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2011 :  00:07:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't panic its not a massive issue just yet, what you are aiming to do is just get some moisture into the retained skin and then apply only just enough friction to the skin for it to be removed, its not difficult and there is no secret method. I had this problem before and I just held Spot and had a bowl of water and let him crawl through my fingers with my hands in the bowl, it took about 5 minutes and I gently closed my fingers as he slid through them and the skin came off. My Python had a terrible shed at the weekend and he went into a damp pillowcase for 10 minutes, he went back into the viv and he did the rest so there is a few methods that work.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

marlin
Egg

53 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2011 :  15:06:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kelloggs always seems to retain a small section of the tail end. The dipping it into water to soak it and then letting him slide through warm damp kitchen roll helps in the end. It takes a bit of patience but don't get frustrated and try to peel it! We had to keep trying on and off for a couple of days last time but it slipped off in the end. As lotabob says - Don't Panic!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000