feeding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tona
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2011 :  18:43:35  Show Profile  Send tona an AOL message  Click to see tona's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my corn snake was due a feed today but wont eat it, on his feeding chart it says he somethimes goe 17 days without food so this isn't really worrying me.

I don't know what to do with the mouse though, can i put it back in the freezer or do i have to bin it now ?

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2011 :  18:53:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i normally throw away, but i do buy in bulk (3-6 months for each snake) so no great loss, but for someone that doesnt have as many maybe they would refreeze
Go to Top of Page

tona
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2011 :  18:56:46  Show Profile  Send tona an AOL message  Click to see tona's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok, thanks i buy one at a time (my family isn't too keen on keeping a load of mice in the freezer)
Go to Top of Page

tona
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2011 :  19:15:59  Show Profile  Send tona an AOL message  Click to see tona's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
how long should i wait until i should try feeding him again ?
Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2011 :  19:29:25  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Give it 2 or 3 days and try again.

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

tona
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2011 :  20:03:12  Show Profile  Send tona an AOL message  Click to see tona's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanks (:
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2011 :  20:49:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you buy a small plastic sandwich box it's a good way to store the mice and doesn't take up much space in the freezer I keep 10 med mice & 10 fuzzies in the box, and put a piece of kitchen roll over them before putting the lid on...that way they can't be seen when you're looking for something in the freezer, and in an air tight box your family should have no reason to complain

Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2011 :  21:05:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
refreezing anyhting that's been frozen once and then defrosted is NOT a good idea- it will have started bacterial decay- if you try to feed a snake a twice frozen mouse, if yr lucky he wont eat it, if he does, you could be in for all kinds of trouble. I wouldn't do it.he's better off waiting until you can get a fresh one.

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....
Go to Top of Page

adamasrc
Hatchling

United Kingdom
255 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2011 :  22:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah, dont refreeze!

0.1.0 Buttercorn (Molly)
1.0.0 Royal (Duke)
http://www.youtube.com/user/ReptilesQuest?feature=mhee
You there! subscribe to me!
Go to Top of Page