New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

adamasrc
Hatchling

United Kingdom
255 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  16:42:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i want to take a log out of my viv, however there's one stubborn snake wedged inside, is there anyway to get her out? or is this just a waiting game?

0.1.0 Buttercorn (Molly)
1.0.0 Royal (Duke)
http://www.youtube.com/user/ReptilesQuest?feature=mhee
You there! subscribe to me!

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  16:43:08  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Waiting game i am afraid. Short of hurting the snake!

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  16:52:24  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's a waiting game I often have to deal with...AURYN has a hollow log that he uses as his cool end hide. Basically, if he is in there then he doesn't get handled!

A couple of times I have removed the log, sat it on the sofa next to me and he has (after a good 20 minutes) made his way out to explore.

^click for more pics^
Garrie - Halesworth, Suffolk. 1.0 AURYN (fire morph corn) 0.1 Puzzle (Cat)
Go to Top of Page

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  17:01:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have the same problem with a cardboard tube. i;'ve found rolled up newspaper very quickly coaxes them out. depends on the size tho. mine are still hatchies

Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  23:48:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got a big shell with a couple of holes in that I use as a hide, sharon loves it, she can wedge herself in good and tight and knows that nobody can get her out. my sneaky method.... on dinner day, put the whole shell + snake into a long RUB, put dinner at the far end, and take the shell out while she's busy guzzling.

(admittedly she did suss that trick pretty quickly. what she does now is stretch out just her front end, eats the pinky keeping her tail + back end inside the shell, then reverses back inside like one of those spring-back tape measures. little minx!)

my other sneaky trick was to put that particular hide in the cold end of the viv. then she has to come out when she needs a warm up.

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000