Stat help (please)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  14:40:51  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys right i sent back a heatmat that i believed to be faulty the replacements arrived today so ive plugged it into the stat via a double plug the mats are indentical in wattage shape size brand etc just wondering about the temps there seems to be a slight different and im wondering what would an acceptable different be ? if any

also wondering if it would have been best to turn off the existing heatmat wait for it to go cold before attaching another so theyd both reach the desired temperature at the same time would that help ?

Sorry for the questions im just trying to establish wether or not i did actually have a fault heatmat and wether or not the stat maybe faulty instead? i did test the stat using a couple of the other mats i only seem to have a problem when i connect an extra mat its the habistat on/off stat supposed to be good for up to 100 watts

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  14:41:56  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
please excuse my god awfull typing today cant believe how many mistakes ive noticed eek!!

1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  14:51:27  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah if u are using one stat to run 2 mats u need to let the temps equalise before u turn them on. u need to remember one mat is acting as the control mat. so if thats already at say 30oc an the stat off when u plug new one in the new in its not going to do anything. then when control matt cools to say 28oc an stat kicks the new one will only rise a few degrees before stat goes off again its not going to suddenly go from 10-30 they do take a while to warm. so much so it may never manage to get to the same temp as the control mat

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  15:02:57  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ahh right thats as i suspected then lol rightyo everythings unplugged then ill now wait for the mats to just reach the ambient temperature of the room then plug them back in thanks for that

1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: