Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  07:49:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so the other day the family took a trip down to daghnam (that how you spell it??) all the way from southend - with trafic. took about an hour there and an hour back just to 'look'. got there and got a corn for my sister for... wait for it.... £10!!! the guy said he was having real trouble selling so they were going cheap to go fast. i did find one small problem with her. well, shes small. maybe just a little too small. nothing we cant fix but the difference between flicka and 'biscuit' is huge. heres a pic of them both next to each other to show the size difference. take into account, flickas only 24 days older then biscuit.

Bicuit:

here they both are:

we think he may have been feeding them really small mice to keep them small for selling. he had the tinyest tubs for fully grown corns and cohabed near enough every thing he had. they werent very happy :/

1.0.0 corn snake - Flicka
1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  09:13:46  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i shoudnt be worried, snakes grow at different paces, gawjus lookin snake there :)

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  09:29:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She's really sweet

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  09:30:51  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
have u realised she has a rocket on her head? :)

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  09:43:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not anymore, shes lost. her first night with us and shes just gone. iv taken the day off school to help look for her. iv put water bowls everywhere and put powder around them to leave tracks. iv also put out 2 pinkies as its her feeding day, and were completly tearing up the room. my mum wont come home untill we find her. im really worried she'll make me get rid of flicka incase we lose her too.

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  10:02:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is there anything else i can do?

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

Toki
Hatchling

230 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  10:34:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh dear. She'll show up! Good luck.

Look in all the warmest places first.

Albino Cali King - Mort
Normal Cornsnake - Red
Ultra Cornsnake - Syd
Albino Hognose - Mia
Red Het Hognose - Freddie
Bearded Dragon - Remi
Boa Constrictor - Io
Cats - Jack and Nola
White German Shepherd - Jack

We have a little amel corn up for rehoming.
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29268
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  10:50:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the thing is we have. if anyones had a lost baby then couls you tell me how long it took for them to turn up? she really likes flicka so i just wandered around the room with her to see if biscuit would pick up the scent. iv also made the room darkish so she'd be more comfterble.

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  11:39:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
will this be enough?

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  15:07:08  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh no!! Check any holes in furniture, put her viv on the floor with the door open and put food inside

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  16:14:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope you find her soon, i am sure you will

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  16:28:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im getting so worried!! this is what iv done so far awswell as putting the RUB on the floor :

we've completely destroyed mine and my sisters room to try and look for her. we think its in her room because her rooms the warmest. iv put down several water bowls with power around them to leave tracks. iv also powdered all the doorways that we think its passablee for her to get into. iv put out 2 pinkies and keep blowing the sent around with a hairdryer. she also took a real liking to my other snake and followed her so i got her out and let her slither around for a while to try and get her scent in the room to attracted the snake. i also know baby's dehydrate fast so i put a couple of damp towelss around so she can hide

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

Midge
Hatchling

United Kingdom
203 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  18:50:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aw no, I really hope you find her. She will be somewhere that she will feel secure. Dark corners down the side of the sofa, or behind your furniture.

Good luck

1.0 CB11 Carolina Corn Snake - Naboo
1.0 CB10 Butter Motley Corn Snake - Rudi
0.1 CB09 Amel het Caramel, Stripe - Zumba
1.0 CB12 Phantom - Bollo
0.1 CB12 Diffused Powder - Rosie
0.1 CB12 Hypo Lavender - Lily
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  19:40:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck, hope you find her soon.

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  19:54:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a look on here for some ideas. Also check any shoes in the room as they make a good hiding place! Hope you find her soon, good luck

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12170

Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  20:04:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks everyone, good to know we got some support. iv just put down 3 pinkies. one in a bottle trap/hide. one with a coconut hide with a mini blanket wraped around and in the hide to keep in heat. its also under the radiator. and iv also put one in her viv with out the lid on with the heat mat on. hope to be finding her in the morning. if not iv lost all hope. my sisters already saying she's dead. which you can balm her because even though you may not think it - we have literaly taken apart all the furniture, gone through every bit of clothing, looked under and on impossable to reach surfaces. its really not good to have a lost snake in a household scared of them. my parents are not happy bunnys....

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  22:48:14  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
In my experience they don't tend to go too far in the first few days. When you are looking for him think very very small. It's amazing how small a gap they can get into. Make sure you check around radiators and pipes. Please make sure you thoroughly check any washing before you put it in the machine. The amount of activity in the room could be making him stay hidden. You could try putting some carrier bags around the room then, arm yourself with a torch and turn the lights off. Then lay on your bed and listen to see if he comes out and investigates. If you hear a rustle you can use the torch to check it out. It will be boring but I often catch mine exploring their vivs when I turn a light on at night so it might be worth a go. Good luck. Cornsnakes are hardy creatures so dont give up on him yet

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  06:45:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the advice i might just do that. anyway, heres an update. nothing. the food and water havent been touched. theres no trails from the doors. nothing. i really hope we find her soon.

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

Jarvo
Egg

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  08:00:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope you find her soon

1.0.0. Albino Boa (Bailey)
1.0.0. Anery corn (Zack)
1.0.0. Black Labrador (Cody)

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  08:46:19  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
good luck :S

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  09:30:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I lost a Hatchling before and she returned after over a month. Iv heard a lot of storys about similar time frames so don't lose hope!

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000