Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  10:14:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no,I hope you find her soon. I lost one of mine the other week but thanfully he was found in 45 mins. That was 45 mins of pure hell so I can imagine what you're going through at the mo.
I checked the warm places and nothing. He was found hidden in a large bag of Aspen!
As said,try not to lose heart (easier said then done,I know) but snakes have been known to turn up months later.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  11:06:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thinking of you Hannah hopes Biscuit turns up soon x

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  11:35:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww both so cute too :( hope you find her hun xx

1 x collie, 1 x mastiff, 1 x ragdoll cat, 2 x guinea pigs, 1 x leopard tortoise, 1 x rat, 1 x Bearded Dragon, 1 x sheep, 2 x corn snakes,1 bosc, 3 leopard gecko, 1 crested gecko, 1 x fiance, 1 x 3yr old step son = My Ark
Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  15:04:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck finding little Biscuit, I had one go missing in September and he turned up two weeks later, he was only a tiny baby too and he was as bright and active as he was the day he disappeared, so don't give up hope! I totally gave up finding mine but as I was watching TV one day I saw his head poke out from the vent in the door next to the TV, pure chance that I happened to look over at the vent otherwise he'd probably still be gone! Yours'll turn up when you least expect it
Best of luck finding him!

Wanna know what animals I keep? Check out www.facebook.com/mnmreptiles :)

Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  16:26:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its really hard to say she'll turn up even if it has only been two days. she was just to tiny and dark coloured. she could be anywhere! anyways i deside to tell next door as there are alot of little holes in the house. thought it would be better if i told them and she didnt show up rather then she shows up and them not know and doing something horrable to her. it was not fun telling them, they were soooooo p*****. the disgusted look on there faces even made me wonder for half a second why on earth i have pet snakes.

1.0.0 corn snake - Flicka
1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  16:54:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why would somebody elses view on snakes make you wonder why you keep them? Someone has to love them, and that someone is us! Just because other people don't like them doesn't mean we all should hate them, we'd be boring if we were all the same.
Your neighbours are silly for being peed off at you for losing a tiny weeny harmless little snake, it does make me laugh how the uneducated seem to think that all snakes are dangerous! If they do see her I bet they'll feel really stupid when they see the size of her and wonder what they were ever worried about!
May I ask where she escaped from? Was she in a viv or a tub that she managed to push the lid off or something?

Wanna know what animals I keep? Check out www.facebook.com/mnmreptiles :)

Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  17:45:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she managed to get out of a RUB. im gessing she was able to squeeze out od the tiny sensor whole the RUB came with at the top. and i was saying that it made me wonder because of how disgusted they looked, trust me now iv got my snakes, i try to bring it up in my conversations just because i love to talk about them. my friends are starting to get a bit bored with it now lol :)

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

Midge
Hatchling

United Kingdom
203 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  18:32:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My mates used to give me the same looks! They' come around now especially to see Naboo! I've let them handle him and they love it. One of my mates had a fear of snakes really couldn't stand them but I showed him Naboo got him to handle him doo funny coz his hands were so clammy due to nerves! He came round a few more times to watch him eat and then 2 weeks later he sends me a pic from Tenerife with a 10 foot python around his neck! Naboo played his part in conquering his fear!

1.0 CB11 Carolina Corn Snake - Naboo
1.0 CB10 Butter Motley Corn Snake - Rudi
0.1 CB09 Amel het Caramel, Stripe - Zumba
1.0 CB12 Phantom - Bollo
0.1 CB12 Diffused Powder - Rosie
0.1 CB12 Hypo Lavender - Lily
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  20:30:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, thats nice. My mum says shes conquering her fear by living in fear off the loss snake. Desided to stay up tonight and keep check everywhere in hopes to find her taking a midnight stroll. Thank god teachers are going on strike tomorrow, it will give me more time to look for her. My parents have given me permission to go through all the c*** under there bed. Never relised how much of horders we are, you wouldnt believe some of the stuff iv come across. Even found a phone I lost like 2 -3 years ago lol :)

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  20:57:22  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I lost my hatchlin it took a week to find him and i followed the same advice you are being given. dont give up hope ive heard them turning up over 6 month later.

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2011 :  21:36:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its been 24 hours you cant give up hope just yet.

All the commotion will have the snake well hidden, check round each rooms edges for gaps between carpets and skirting boards, the thinking been if they set off in a direction eventually they will meet a wall, they cant go through so they will skirt round the edge of the room until they find an alternative, be it a small hole, a gap in the carpet, maybe even under the skirting or floorboards. I've heard of them turning up in spaces you'd never think they'd be, inside a speaker was the best one. Remember too that you are not always hunting a stationary object, if it hears you coming it will run away.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2011 :  07:06:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Its been 24 hours you cant give up hope just yet.

All the commotion will have the snake well hidden, check round each rooms edges for gaps between carpets and skirting boards, the thinking been if they set off in a direction eventually they will meet a wall, they cant go through so they will skirt round the edge of the room until they find an alternative, be it a small hole, a gap in the carpet, maybe even under the skirting or floorboards. I've heard of them turning up in spaces you'd never think they'd be, inside a speaker was the best one. Remember too that you are not always hunting a stationary object, if it hears you coming it will run away.

Yeah, we took apart hair dryers, one of those big long fans thingys and nothing. I know I shouldnt give up hope but it just becoming really hard.

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

EmSquem
Yearling

United Kingdom
525 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2011 :  14:44:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, so tiny!!! I really hope you find her :( I lost my hatchie and found him the next day, don't give up hope!

1.2.0 corns (Star, Eddie and Scarlet)
1.0.0 Sinaloan milk snake (Harry)
1.1.0 Black Labrador (Berry and Buddy)
Go to Top of Page

Volvagia
Snake Mite

16 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2011 :  19:31:41  Show Profile  Click to see Volvagia's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm sure you probably have, but have you checked all your shoes? My Volvy disappeared the third day I had him; found him curled up in my running shoes. Yeuch. I'm sure you'll find her.
Go to Top of Page

Emmy1
Yearling

707 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2011 :  22:14:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been waiting for my corn to show up. She's 3 ft long and it's been 3 months now. Don't give up so soon, many people find their babies within a few days/ weeks.

0.1.0 Anery Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Western Hognosed Snake
1.0.0 Albino California Kingsnake
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Wildtype, Hypo)
0.0.3 Shubunkin Goldfish
Go to Top of Page

glynjones
Egg

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  20:27:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first time Marge escaped she turned up 3 days later, we have 2 cats one of which has eaten slo worms in the past, i was sure she was gone for good or eaten.
She turned up going down the stairs.
Don't give up hope, check anywhere warm, when Marge escaped the 2nd time she was behind the dishwasher, and I pulled it out once and checked behind it, but she was behind it somewhere!!!

Don't give up hope

Glyn

1.1.0 Marge (Amel)
Nelson (Lavender)
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  20:53:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no Hannah, I really hope Biscuit turns up soon xx

Go to Top of Page

glynjones
Egg

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  10:36:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Hannah
Any sign yet?
Hang on, i am sure Biscuit will turn up soon.

Glyn

1.1.0 Marge (Amel)
Nelson (Lavender)
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  10:44:47  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeh biscuit showed up a few days ago, seperate topic :P

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  11:11:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cool glad he turned up :)

1 x collie, 1 x mastiff, 1 x ragdoll cat, 2 x guinea pigs, 1 x leopard tortoise, 1 x rat, 1 x Bearded Dragon, 1 x sheep, 2 x corn snakes,1 bosc, 3 leopard gecko, 1 crested gecko, 1 x fiance, 1 x 3yr old step son = My Ark
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000