Looking good
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  22:13:27  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just done some prebreeding season measuring up. and i think their looking good see what yous all think.

Firstly my female amel (shelly) 14/4/08 = 552.9g ,113cm/ 44.5"/3.8ft
secondly my male amel (sid) 25/06/09= 397.6g , 103cm/40.5"/ 3.4ft
thirdly my female motley ghost (silva) 07/04/11= 128.1g, 75cm/29.5"/2.5ft
Last but not least my carolina stripe (simon) 10/7/11 =12.3g 38cm/15"/1.3ft
quick question thou. will silva and simon be ready to breed this season? i no male can breed earlier but silva is growing so quick and bulking nicely

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  22:18:05  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I no the rule of 3 (300g 3 ft in length and 3years old) but she'll be big enough surely. obviously i will check again in feb and march

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  22:37:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I slightly confused, is that hatch date then weight?

Silva wont be ready for breeding this coming season from her weight 128g she needs to more than double her weight in 6 months, cant see that happening.Also there is no way simon will be ready 12.5g. Thats just a hatchie and if it is the date of hatch, I wouldnt be planning to breed silva and simon for at least 2 more years

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  22:40:52  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The stats are date of hatch then weight the lengths in 3 different measurements. yeah simon is a hatchie.

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  22:42:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc_sg

The stats are date of hatch then weight the lengths in 3 different measurements. yeah simon is a hatchie.

so is Silva, Silva wont be ready till 2014 at the earliest, the male possibly a year earlier.

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  22:48:23  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oki doki i cant wait to see their results. but my female laid a 2 beautiful clutches last year total of 48 babies lots 5 eggs and 1 was developed but dead from first clutch.left it in the incubator till all the second clutch had started hatching. it was twice the size of the other so was thinking twins. but much have absorbed to much water

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  22:49:36  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That was the female amel shelly

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

yola
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  23:32:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definatly wouldnt breed from your female until shes atleast 3 or even better 4.
I know from experience unfortunately, from an unexpected mating (from my 3yr old snow girl and 2yr old boy) producing 2 beautiful eggs (that turned out to what I suspect are avalanche) they hatched successfully and it totally took it out of her and she even double clutched and the other lot were crapy ones, a few weeks later she passed away , I was soooo upset.
If you breed her at 3yrs old n my eyes shes got to be a pretty big girl to beable to cope with it, and also not forgetting the possibility that she mite double clutch weather you like it or not (you cant know if a snake will double clutch).
My advise would be please dont risk the health of your female, it really isn't worth risking.

With 27 beautiful corns I definitely have snakeitus :-)
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  23:45:59  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yola

Definatly wouldnt breed from your female until shes atleast 3 or even better 4.
I know from experience unfortunately, from an unexpected mating (from my 3yr old snow girl and 2yr old boy) producing 2 beautiful eggs (that turned out to what I suspect are avalanche) they hatched successfully and it totally took it out of her and she even double clutched and the other lot were crapy ones, a few weeks later she passed away , I was soooo upset.
If you breed her at 3yrs old n my eyes shes got to be a pretty big girl to beable to cope with it, and also not forgetting the possibility that she mite double clutch weather you like it or not (you cant know if a snake will double clutch).
My advise would be please dont risk the health of your female, it really isn't worth risking.

i deffinately will never risk her life so the sake of a few eggs. i would never want to put an animal thru uneeded stress i promise you that thats why i asked to know so i can seperate her from the male from january

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  23:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc_sg

i deffinately will never risk her life so the sake of a few eggs. i would never want to put an animal thru uneeded stress i promise you that thats why i asked to know so i can seperate her from the male from january

If they are cohabbing split them up now, corns have no concept of time of year, although it is unlikely they will breed at that age, there are other issues to contend with especially in small snakes.

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  00:05:18  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by gmac

If they are cohabbing split them up now, corns have no concept of time of year, although it is unlikely they will breed at that age, there are other issues to contend with especially in small snakes.

What issues is there just out of interested because i really dont want to stress them out

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  00:09:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1070

there is another thread linked in that one somewhere also worth reading

is this one http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5175

Edited by - gmac on 28/11/2011 00:20:38
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  10:06:19  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine when I cohabbed laid eggs eggs whenever they wanted, be in summer, spring, autumn or winter. They will be more stressed cohbabbing than you moving one away.

Just because the girl snake could be big enough doesn't mean she shoudl reed, I mean to put it into context maybe slightly warped but a 10 year old girl is big enough and can have babies, doesn't mean it's pychically healthly for yet to do so. Early breeidng can also stunt female growth.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  11:00:59  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok i will wait till shes 3/4 till i breed her.

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  13:20:16  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hi just an update for the last month nearly, my male and female amels have had 4/5 locks so i thought id weigh my female last nite. 624g at 4 years old.

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000