Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kath
Yearling

United Kingdom
697 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  09:56:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Just a couple of quick questions..

1) Everytime we handle Cornelius, he will be on our hands for a bit then will want to wander off & either try & hide in a crease on my clothes or go on sofa & hide behind a cushion. Is this normal?

2) Last time he shed was 23rd Oct, we've had him for nearly 6wks & his weight has stayed the same. We thought he was going to shed last week coz he's gone dull but he hasn't yet & we haven't noticed his eyes going blue.
Do corns only shed when they're putting on weight/getting longer or does it just happen anyway?

Many thanks!!

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  10:53:44  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah its normal behaviour. Mine is always moving and trying to hide when handling. Especially with them being young and small.

As for shedding its nothing to worry about, they shed when they need to(eg growing, gaining weight, scale damage etc). I am sure its coming soon. Mine started dulling down 2 weeks ago, only went into blue mon/tues. Its now out of blue and we are waiting for the shed, which last time was a day or two after clearing up.

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  12:11:39  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hiding is normal. The snakes looking for somewhere dark and warm to hide.

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kath
Yearling

United Kingdom
697 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  14:27:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thx peeps. I would have thought, coz they hide in their faunas/vivs, when we handle them, they'd like to have a nosey round & not hide!

Had a spy on Cornelius before & have noticed his eyes are opaque so a shed maybe on it's way soon...I want him to be shiny again!!

Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  19:29:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wouldn't worry about weight gain too much, some of mine stay the same for weeks at a time and then put a spurt on.

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

Kath
Yearling

United Kingdom
697 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2011 :  14:43:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thx Mick.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: