New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NiallP
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2011 :  21:36:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My gran is getting rid of her Laburnum tree. I was wondering if anyone knew if this was safe to use with corn snakes?

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2011 :  02:14:29  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Laburnum is listed as a toxic/poisonous plant.
I know that there's varying degrees of how it can effect humans when eaten (I was sick for a couple days when I was but a tiny Kehhlyr), but I was super-rushed through as if I had eaten something more dangerous so it can be different for all.

I have never heard of it being toxic for reptiles, but most certainly is for dogs/cats as well, so to be safe I wouldnt use the plants.
The wood though, if it's treated properly and prepared over a fair time (not just a quick weekend) then it should be ok.
I use some woods that are in the toxic list, but I spend between 8-12 months in prep.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2011 :  08:59:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Laburnum is listed as a toxic/poisonous plant.
I know that there's varying degrees of how it can effect humans when eaten (I was sick for a couple days when I was but a tiny Kehhlyr), but I was super-rushed through as if I had eaten something more dangerous so it can be different for all.

hahahahh trust you to be running around nibbling on trees.

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  00:11:47  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They looked like peas, peas are yummy.
I blame my nan though, who was one to teach me that many things can be eaten. However she never said not to eat those.
I think it was her that taught me the joy of a nice cheese and pansy (the flowers) sammidge, it's VERY yummy.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  09:46:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh you're something else lol.

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000