Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 So who's breeding what this coming season?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2011 :  14:36:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just thought I'd be nosey and ask what everyone's breeding plans are for 2012!
I'm going to be proving out some poss hets with two of my 2010 corns, Kimiko my granite het charcoal poss het hypo amel lavender stripe

to Duende, my big fat hypo lavender poss het anery amel stripe

Hopefully all the lovin' will help him lose a bit of weight haha. He's on a diet anyway so he's looking a little slimmer bless him. If their poss hets don't prove out then at least all the babies will have super cool hets :)
I'm also going to be breeding Cedric, my 07 opal het hypo stripe

to Asha, my 09 ultramel anery het stripe

So fingers crossed for some amel stripes and ultramel stripes het anery lavender! Sweeeeet!

Wanna know what animals I keep? Check out www.facebook.com/mnmreptiles :)

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2011 :  14:40:20  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
where are you? just incase i wanna hatchie lol

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Lotsofsmoggies
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2011 :  14:42:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duende, omg god what a beautiful snake, me so wants one of those!! He gorgeous me thinks!!!!!!

Visit me in my other life http://lotsofsmoggies.webs.com/
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2011 :  14:46:41  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
we'll hopefully be producing amel and anery stripes and motleys, and maybe miamis.

the JCPs will get paired up again though this year there was no interest from either of them!

and the sinder hypo boas will be paired soon

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2011 :  14:55:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
am only gonna be doing royals this year, unless the ultramel anery decides to actually put some weight on, in which case, will put her to the t+ albino.

Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2011 :  15:01:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha I'm in Surrey!
Duende is a very handsome boy, that photo of him is awful though, doesn't capture his colours at all, he's much pinker in the flesh! As is Cedric!

Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2011 :  15:03:33  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

we'll hopefully be producing amel and anery stripes and motleys, and maybe miamis.

the JCPs will get paired up again though this year there was no interest from either of them!

and the sinder hypo boas will be paired soon

OOOOOH! Anery Strips and Motleys . Will keep an eye our for your hatchies next year seeing you are local ish to me and hoping i have a new house/room for one by then.

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2011 :  17:17:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nothing this year (boooooooo) but im swatting up like crazy for 2013 for my amel and normal or i might leave it till 2014 for my bloodreds, pieds, anerys, snow
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2011 :  17:26:35  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was going to be putting my 2 butter motleys together. However I have been having my doubts about it. For one I'm not sure if I will have time for all the babies as I am wanting to start studying Canine behaviour and training. And two, I have been growing concerned about the amount of people who are getting involved in breeding, not just with corns, but with pets in general. I don't really want to contribute to a large population of hobby-bred snakes, many of which will end up being resold many times over because people don't realise how big they get/get bored of them/need to move house/etc. This is not a dig at anyone but just an issue that is really beginning to tug at my heartstrings.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2011 :  18:13:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

I was going to be putting my 2 butter motleys together. However I have been having my doubts about it. For one I'm not sure if I will have time for all the babies as I am wanting to start studying Canine behaviour and training. And two, I have been growing concerned about the amount of people who are getting involved in breeding, not just with corns, but with pets in general. I don't really want to contribute to a large population of hobby-bred snakes, many of which will end up being resold many times over because people don't realise how big they get/get bored of them/need to move house/etc. This is not a dig at anyone but just an issue that is really beginning to tug at my heartstrings.

I know exactly what you mean, it's a shame that people do seem to just buy things and then get bored of them or kill them through incorrect husbandry, but then there's people like us out there who can't get enough of them :) and that's who I'm breeding for, well, mainly for me because I love breeding the morphs that I love Things like corns, beardies, leos and royals are absolutely everywhere, but there's always going to be that demand for them, I reckon that if they all got taken away for a year the world would go mad! I certainly would! If only everyone out there could have the same view on these beautiful animals as we do.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2011 :  20:55:38  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that's kinda what's putting us off too, the market is pretty much flooded with everything now.

although most of what we have are adults and breedable we want to produce a low-volume of snakes that people will want. we're being very choosey what we pair up, the miamis might not happen and any stripes/motleys will hopefully be subject to a breeding loan, with the male's owner having half the babies as they're a whole lot of time and effort when they hatch too

the Dumerils are waiting another year, again! and the ratsnakes aren't ready yet, the argy crosses and the motley boa will skip this time too

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  19:32:05  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Im hoping to have some nice results next season. im breeding my hypo carolinia stripe male with my female hypo ghost and amel sunglow. but if any one can tell me what possible morphs i could expect eould be great

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2011 :  11:56:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be putting Casper to Wichita, to get ghosts het amel/motley, and Sitka to Sarabi, to try and prove out the hypo and stripe, and also to Aurelia again to see if Sitka is het amel- will get normal motleys/stripes at the very least.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2011 :  13:32:21  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ooooo lots of nice projects for next year with loads of possible outcomes. I'll post back when I'm near my proper list :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2011 :  14:39:43  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc_sg

Im hoping to have some nice results next season. im breeding my hypo carolinia stripe male with my female hypo ghost and amel sunglow. but if any one can tell me what possible morphs i could expect eould be great

didn't you recently have a thread asking this, and me and eeji answered at least.............

and you'll never get your head round the genetics if you persist in getting wrong the morphs that you've already got! you have a hypo stripe, a ghost and a sunglow which is genetically an amel............

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2011 :  23:34:00  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
right then, heres the preliminary list for me.......

het caramel, hypo, diffused, sunkissed, ph amel x Hypo het caramel, diffused, sunkissed, ph amel
Hypo het caramel, diffused, sunkissed, ph amel x Hypo het caramel, diffused, sunkissed, ph amel
het lavender, sunkissed, motley ph amel x het lavender, sunkissed, motley ph amel
Hypo Lavender ph anery x Lavender het hypo ph anery
Hypo Lavender ph anery x Ghost het lavender
Caramel Motley het amel x Butter Motley
Hypo tangerine honduran milksnake x Hypo tangerine honduran milksnake
Normal everglades ratsnake x normal everglades ratsnake (need to get this pair re-sexed after a no-go this year)

The following MAY be up for sale before breeding season, but if they're not then they will be bred too....

Amel Motley het anery, ph stripe, caramel, hypo x Amel het caramel, stripe
Amel het lava, caramel, motley x Amel het lava, caramel, motley

I was also hoping to do these too, but I don't think the females will be big enough....

Opal aztec het motley x Opal aztec het motley
Normal cape house snake het T+ albino x Normal cape house snake het T+ albino

I've also got a few snow females but they may be given a rest year if I keep hold of them.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2011 :  15:32:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was going to try putting Mew (ultramel anery het stripe) to Salem (snow stripe)....
but nooooo! Mew has decided to go for walkabouts
Go to Top of Page

yola
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  01:09:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im breeding next year, Butter to Butter ph Amel, so should get butter and possibley Amels. My dark Anery girl het lavender to my Anery ph lavender, should get lavenders and Anerys. Snow with my Blizzard boy, will hopefully get snows and blizzards. Blizzard to my Reverse okeette boy, not sure what il get from this but maybe high white Reverse okeettes, the dad has a pretty strong genes and I always end up with a full clutch of ROs.
If iv got some of the possibly outcomes wrong plz let me know as I struggle with that side of things as got dislexia and its really hard for me to sort of prosesse it all clearly =/
Anyway should be a good and intreasting year and sooo looking forward to it all again

With 27 beautiful corns I definitely have snakeitus :-)
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  01:15:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yola

If iv got some of the possibly outcomes wrong plz let me know as I struggle with that side of things as got dislexia and its really hard for me to sort of prosesse it all clearly =/
Anyway should be a good and intreasting year and sooo looking forward to it all again

Butter x butter will give you butters (your butter is caramel amel so not ph amel)
Snow x Blizzard, you would get amels (unless your snow is het charcoal and your blizzard is het anery, you wont get snows or Blizzards)

Good luck.

I have 4 pairs breeding this year and one poss royal pairing but not decided whats going with what yet :D

Go to Top of Page

I-love-my-snakes
Snake Mite

25 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  16:00:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will have 4 pairings upcoming season:

1: Butter Motley x Lava het. Anery, ph. Charcoal, Caramel Diffused (for my Topaz Motley project).
2: Caramel Striped het. Amel x SK het. Amel (SK female will be tested for SG in 2013, all hatchies from this clutch will stay with me til I know about her SG status. Hopefully will be the basis for a SG tested Honey Striped line)
3: Caramel Striped het. Amel x Fire het. Caramel (for my Sulfur Striped project)
4: (with friend) Fire het. Striped ph. Anery, Charcoal, Hypo x Auratum het. Anery, Diffused, Striped (totally looking forward to that, chances of Toffee Avalanche Striped if we get really lucky)

Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2012 :  12:57:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Change of plan! Kimiko the granite will be paired to Cedric the opal instead of Duende, because Cedric is and carries all of the morphs that Kimiko is poss het for, so he will let me know for sure what she is and isn't het for and then next year I can pair her to Duende the lavender, and because I'll then know what she's het for, I will be able to find out what Duende is het for too, if that all makes sense!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000