Question about shops...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2011 :  13:18:51  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I know were arent allowed to name and shame them. Is there a way to report them? If so who should i report it to?

A shop i've been too recently has a reptile section. The young corns look a little jaded. A few are miss labelled (morph wise and some i've not heard of). One is even labelled as a Banded Californian Corn Snake... Its clearly a King Snake...

The other reptiles in the shop look well looked after (Beardies and Chamelons), its just the corns that dont look all too clever. Not compared to where i bought mine from...

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2011 :  13:38:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is shop close to where I live and the same happens there. All other reps looked well but the hatchling corns had stuck shed and looked generally in poor health. I have contacted the store and they don't see anything wrong with the corns, as far as they are concerned corns are a hardy species so in their eyes they will be fine. I would have bought them all but I know that would just encourage them to obtain more and treat them the same and at £79.99 for a normal corn I just can't afford to :(

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

Thante
Hatchling

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2011 :  16:49:15  Show Profile  Visit Thante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When i first got Cherry,( although i had done research obviously) i didn't know a massive amount about corn, i didn't know how different they looked as hatchings with there colour changing. I was tricked into paying about £70 for a carolina which was labelled as Okeetee, and was labelled male instead of female. She was also very ill about 4 month after i got her and when i rang the shop to get advice on what to do there exact words where "I dunno, you bought it, its your problem not ours" !!!!!
I have made official complaints to the complex the shop is part of but obviously nothing has been done.

But like with the shop you visited, every other animal in that place is well looked after and correctly named/priced. There even part of a big scheme that is breeding in reintroducing birds of pray to the wild. But when it comes to snake they make me so angry i have't been able to go back to the place.

0.1.0 Cherry - 09 Normal
1.0.0 Tequila - 09 Caramel Motley
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2011 :  19:08:36  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
your local council licensing department are the people that have the powers to pull the plug on them, but this is only likely in really serious cases of neglect.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000