moving up viv?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jackk94
Hatchling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  22:47:14  Show Profile  Click to see Jackk94's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my corn snake is 2 foot in length and the vivarium i've got is 3 foot in length. do you think its saft to let her out into the full size vivarium or is she still too small for this?

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  23:20:43  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i personnaly would keep her in the 3ft viv for now as alot of adults can live in a 3ftx1.5ft viv all there lifes, but when shes older and bigger if you can offer a 4ft and the snake is comfortable then this is all gud! also corns can get very skittish in to much open space especially when there young :)

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

Jackk94
Hatchling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  23:27:39  Show Profile  Click to see Jackk94's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i mean, she's currently in a small-ish RUB and i'm feeling this is too small for her as her body length can go round the RUB once. the only other option i've got is to let her into the 3ft by 1.5ft vivarium. she's feeding on one fuzzy per week. so worried!
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  00:12:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about putting a divide down the middle of the 3ft viv, theres a good tutorial by auld in the diy section.
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  02:54:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As long as there are hides she will do just fine in a 3ft viv.

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

jonoandapril
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  09:13:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep, iv got mine in a 3 foot and just packed it out with all sorts of hides and logs etc. shes fine. shes only about 2 1/2 foot long aswell

1x amel corn (tango)
1x carolina corn (pepsi)
1x carpet python (butch)
1x normal royal (rachel)
1x bumblebee royal
wishlist: abbotts okeetee female, crawl cay boa, emerald tree boa
Go to Top of Page

Jackk94
Hatchling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  10:44:50  Show Profile  Click to see Jackk94's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh good :) i've got lots of hides and bushes and logs for her to go under. let her in last night and she was loving climbing up the bush stuck to the side of the viv!
Go to Top of Page

Pokerron
Snake Mite

9 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  18:21:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, long time listener, first time caller! I know that putting a corn snake in a viv that is too wide can unsettle them, but does the same thing apply to height? I am keen to get a new viv for my (sons, or so he thinks!) corn snake and would ideally like to get a taller one that allows him to climb up branches etc, but I dont want to unsettle him.
Go to Top of Page

Pokerron
Snake Mite

9 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  10:20:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to bump my first ever post, but I am hoping to pick up the new Viv this week, so your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  19:41:18  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Corns don't need high vivs as they are not tree living snakes, while some may take the oppurninty to climb, too much height is kinda a waste.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000