New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aegis
Hatchling

United Kingdom
282 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  18:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got to see Karuza shed, was ace. But the shed was rubbish. Came off all bitty and ripped. Cant tell if its all there, will take her out once she has pooped! (not chancing it just yet!) Just to make sure no bits were retained.

But am glad to see her again! That was nearly a week she was hiding for!

4.0.0 Kids (Hugh, Seamus, Athrun + JD)
1.0.0 Gingy cat (Fintan Stack)
0.1.0 Snow Corn (Karuza)

Aegis
Hatchling

United Kingdom
282 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  18:26:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok just checked and cant find eye caps at all. :o/

0.1.0 Snow Corn (Karuza)

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  18:32:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damp towel, let her slide through several times, hope it comes off, get some sphagnum moss for next time

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  18:44:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know the feeling. just after giving casta a bath. hopefully she'll do her part n actually get rid of the rest of her shed now. must have helped as she did the toilet on the towel i put at one end and seemed a bit happier. at least thats one less thing to worry about. a bath and a rub through a towel should sort it out.

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  10:02:18  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hopefully you will be able to see if the eye caps are still on. The damp towel hint works a treat. Iheard of some people using olive oil but I have never tried that. Good luck, let us know how you get on xx (ps more piccies of her.. I havent seen any in aaages!)

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  10:30:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
whilst we're on this thread, whats the best way to remove shed from theneck and chin.??? she did shed a fair bit after that bath and i gave her a run through a damp towel this morning. under her chin is yellow skin and it looks bubbly??? would cotton wool work on that??? i'm pretty sure its shed, maybe a little from her last (2 weeks ago) as she had difficulties with that one too.

sorry for stealing a problem

Go to Top of Page

Aegis
Hatchling

United Kingdom
282 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  12:16:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Casta i would give another bath and keep going with a damp warm towel. Thats what i had to do last night, i put her in the bath, tried the towel but she was in such a bad mood that she wouldnt let me get to her. Her eye caps came off but there was a mega stubborn bit on her tail. I got a cloth instead cos its smaller, after running her tail through it a dozen times it came off.

She seemed more settled after i got it off. She is a few days over due her feed, so will feed her tonight! AND iv got rats for her (its a surprise) and moving her up a size! So fingers crossed please people!! Hope it goes down well and she disna choke!

Mamma i will get piccies up this afternoon :) Keep forgetting to take them off my phone! Got loads :)

0.1.0 Snow Corn (Karuza)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000