Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Regalmatt
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  20:22:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,
I currently have my corn in a faun which is placed in side an old aquarium, my warm end is with heat mat and stat, and fluctuates between 28.4-29.2 which I'm happy with, but the cool end is rarely above 21 and is usually between 19-20.is this ok? Is the fact that the faun is inside a glass aquarium keeping temps down? My corn spends the majority of time in the cool hide(cold hide!)

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  20:53:14  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thats fine. If he was cold he would move over to his warm end

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  21:15:12  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
maybe try turning your stat down a little as the warm end might be a bit too warm for him and be discouraging him from spending much time there

are both hides as appealing for him? size? direct light? people peering in? sometimes swapping the hides over and making sure they're private can help too

in the past i've had corns that have stayed in their cold hides and got pretty cold, like they're trying to brumate themselves early, sometimes disturbing them and directing them into the warm hide is enough (providing the hide is the right temp, size and location - as above)

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

MammasGirl
Egg

United Kingdom
59 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2011 :  10:05:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe the snake is to hot at the hot side?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000