PRAS 23rd October!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Karakal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
129 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2011 :  18:51:08  Show Profile  Visit Karakal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all~
I recall seeing K posting a few details about this show(?) in another thread, and I just had a few questions~ :D

First off I am assuming that this is a sellers event open to the public?
I was wondering if anyone knew if there was an admission fee..?
Will there be all-sorts of reptiles available (I'll be armed with my wishlist!!)?
Who else is going along?

Thank you all~

Lurking in: Brighton, East Sussex
0.0.2 Cornsnake (Claude, Normal | Tiz, Ghost)
0.3.0 Equines (Keira, ShireX | Katie, Highland | Skippy, Newforest)
0.1.0 Chickens (Borelo, AracuanaX)
0.0.1 Goldfish (Eiji)

Charlie_Corn
Hatchling

United Kingdom
129 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2011 :  21:19:00  Show Profile  Visit Charlie_Corn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Open to the public yes - £3.00 to get in though :)

Just mentioned about haha

Should be, from corns to boas and spiders to leos etc. im hoping a little bit of everything, you but can never be 100% sure with these types of shows

ME !!!

2.4.1 Corn snakes
2.0.0 Royal Pythons
1.1.0 Rainbow boa
1.1.0 Hognose Snakes
1.2.0 Crested Geckos
2.9.0 Leopard Geckos
1.0.0 Water Dragon
0.0.4 African Land Snails
2.1.0 Rabbits
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
3.0.0 Cats
1.1.0 Dogs
Go to Top of Page

Karakal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
129 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2011 :  11:42:04  Show Profile  Visit Karakal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ohhh! I'm all excited! Get the idea I'm probably going to come away with things other than the hognose and a couple of leo.. Curses!
Just curious if you know if this is likely to be livestock only or do you suppose there will be a few folks there with keeping equipment? I like to browse! xD

See you there then, hopefully!! Haha~

0.0.1 Goldfish (Eiji)

Edited by - Karakal on 19/10/2011 11:42:23
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2011 :  12:49:37  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The PRAS show is both Livestock and equipment.
Think I saw stats going from as little as 10 quid last time, we bought a 6x3x3ft flexarium for our chameleon for 15 quid.
The bargains go first, so you need to get there early to get the bargains. However as the day starts to end people drop their prices so they don't have as much stuff to bring home.
So getting early gets the prettier animals and the cheap equipment, going later gives less choice on animals but you tend to get them for cheaper than they were during the morning.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Charlie_Corn
Hatchling

United Kingdom
129 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2011 :  15:03:47  Show Profile  Visit Charlie_Corn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aww Kehhlyr thanks for that info :) will probs be there all day

You going ?x

2.4.1 Corn snakes
2.0.0 Royal Pythons
1.1.0 Rainbow boa
1.1.0 Hognose Snakes
1.2.0 Crested Geckos
2.9.0 Leopard Geckos
1.0.0 Water Dragon
2.1.0 Rabbits
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
3.0.0 Cats
1.1.0 Dogs
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2011 :  16:07:47  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I shall more than likely be going.
Dunno what car yet though, so may possibly have an extra space or 2 for a few quids.
Going from Bournemouth/Poole area up through Christchurch, lyndhurst, top of southampton (m27) and onwards.
Anyone near or close to those areas that want to go but can't find transport????

Go to Top of Page

Karakal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
129 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2011 :  16:58:41  Show Profile  Visit Karakal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ohhh~ Thanks for the extra info Kehhlyr! Just knowing there will be equipment on sale as well keeps me happy.. You know.. Just incase there is a little extra cutie there that demands to be taken home. ;D
Bought in and just finished setting up a faun and tank for my planned purchases.. Champing at the bit now. :3

EDIT: Sorry, one last question from me, promise! xD
Is parking a problem at all for this event? I can see a nice big carpark on googlymaps next to the leisure centre, I take it this is a pay and display and not private? Dunno if parking is usually an issue? Friend and I are driving on over from Brighton. :]

0.0.1 Goldfish (Eiji)

Edited by - Karakal on 19/10/2011 19:39:41
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2011 :  20:00:39  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Parking generally is busy, it was a pay n display from recollection (I'm sure I paid/displayed the last 2 times, but cannot actually remember, I had my mind on other things so done it on autopilot) parking can be busy, but I seemed to find a space whenever I got there. Please bear in mind though that I am a bit mental and would simply stop my car in the middle of the road and put hazards on if need be as it can't be helped where you break down.

Go to Top of Page

Karakal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
129 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2011 :  20:25:04  Show Profile  Visit Karakal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LOL
Cheers, Kehhlyr! At least we will know whose car it is blocking the way out!

0.0.1 Goldfish (Eiji)
Go to Top of Page

Charlie_Corn
Hatchling

United Kingdom
129 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  21:59:15  Show Profile  Visit Charlie_Corn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We going to be going later one. only due to the 2 people coming with us whats it to be that way. Apparantly there more bargains that way... maybe but cant see it on equipment though. So if i miss anyone going that knows me im really sorry and wish to meet you the following year x

2.4.1 Corn snakes
2.0.0 Royal Pythons
1.1.0 Rainbow boa
1.1.0 Hognose Snakes
1.2.0 Crested Geckos
2.9.0 Leopard Geckos
1.0.0 Water Dragon
2.1.0 Rabbits
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
3.0.0 Cats
1.1.0 Dogs