New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  14:26:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's been a recent spate of people showing off their 'creamsicles', which to me simply look like orangey amels. Is there a way to tell the difference between these two? Like, maybe face shape, patterning and such?

Psrien, in my signature is the one that has me questioning this, as you can see, she looks pretty much identical to the creamsicles being shown here, but as far as I'm concerned, she is a regular amel.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll196/ritishique/2011-06-15-124008.jpg
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll196/ritishique/SANY0023.jpg

I have a few more, but they're showing up bright yellow right now for some bizarre reason >___> It should be noted she has a bit of a roman nose haha

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  15:34:31  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

orangey amels.

There are other types of amels :p

Someone who knows their stuff can tell them apart by head shape and scale count.

As you can see by the head and scales, this is not a corn.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  16:34:33  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:

orangey amels.

Someone who knows their stuff can tell them apart by head shape and scale count.

LOL! Excellent!

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  16:38:58  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Arn't Creamsicles crosses?
I'm only a fan of the Fire (Diffused amel) type Amels.....

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Edited by - Dancross0 on 07/10/2011 16:40:14
Go to Top of Page

LarkaDawg
Hatchling

442 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  17:00:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yah I thought they were crosses too.. like staple said, some pro who knows their stuff can do head/scale count and the nose shape would be different if it were a cross.

Edit: Spreebok your amel is gorgeous!

Edited by - LarkaDawg on 07/10/2011 17:01:05
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  17:25:16  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They are crosses, but the people that really know their stuff can tell the difference between a pure corn and a hybrid :P although I still think snakes should come with sew in tags near their tails to say what they are like beanie babies.

Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  19:51:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I know they're crosses, corn x great plains rat (I think thats the right rat, not tooo good on them!)

Also, much love for showing me the diffeence between a corn and a creamsicle Sta~ple, never again shall I mix them up! :D

@Larka Eee, thankyou! She's my little orange wiggly one! :D
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  20:06:10  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

orangey amels.

Don't laugh, thats how creamsicles got their name because they're the same colour as the lolly

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  20:15:50  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I wish they would let us all in on the secret of how to tell them apart. Quite a few times I have seen people say they have a creamsicle but then someone else comes along and says it looks more like an amel. The problem with that is when they are sold on it could have an effect on their possible breeding plans. It's either that or they need DNA testing kits lol

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  20:34:34  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
unfortunately a dna test is the only way to tell them apart sometimes which is even more unfortunate because the genome hasn't been mapped for either species so would still not be able to tell you

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  23:46:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a pain that is! Oh well, I don't plan to breed from Psiren, but as far as I'm corncerned, she's an amel to me :)
Go to Top of Page

LarkaDawg
Hatchling

442 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  07:55:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Acording to my local reptile guy, hybrids have longer noses? Not too sure but its a theory!
Go to Top of Page

ga-rat
Egg

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  09:02:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tangee is a creamsicle.....

0.1.0 Creamsicle Corn Snake = TANGEE

Go to Top of Page

fluffycorn
Yearling

United Kingdom
514 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  14:36:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ga-rat

Tangee is a creamsicle.....

I can't tell the difference ... to me tangee looks exactly like fluffy

1.0.0 Amelanistic Corn Snake
0.1.0 Jack Russell Terrier
Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  20:15:02  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i have a hybrid and his snout seems to be wider than my corns and the scales on his head seem bigger, but i suppose it could be different from snake to snake, and the percentage of great plains and corn is bred into a snake could make it look more corn or great plains

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!

Edited by - mikeyd_26 on 09/10/2011 20:20:34
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  16:22:15  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

quote:

quote:

orangey amels.

Don't laugh, thats how creamsicles got their name because they're the same colour as the lolly

stapes knew this eeji cos shes all edumacated n all intemalectuals

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  16:49:04  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

quote:
Originally posted by eeji

quote:

quote:

orangey amels.

stapes knew this eeji cos shes all edumacated n all intemalectuals

Pardon? Was that spectrum language? :P

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  16:56:27  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
spectrum snake. That is all.

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

tarotpodge
Hatchling

433 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2011 :  16:47:45  Show Profile  Click to see tarotpodge's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

although I still think snakes should come with sew in tags near their tails to say what they are like beanie babies.

Lol love this idea. Would be So much easier

2.0.3 Corns, Creamsicle(Phoenix), Ghost motley(Savanna), 2x carolina(Indiana+Severus), Amel stripe (Frazzle).
0.3.0 Dogs, Shar pei cross, Staff and Dalmation 0.3.0 Cats 2.0.0 Chinchillas 7.11.23 Tropical fish 1.0.0 Iguana
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000