Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  11:35:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone

I'm just looking for your expertise on this one if you don't mind helping, please.

We brought Maizie (creamsicle) home nearly two weeks ago and she's pretty much hidden in her cool hide since then. I have had her out a few times to handle and she's been fine and she took her first fluff after five days without any problems.

As she's not been with us that long and seems very shy, I thought I'd leave her be for a couple of days to see if she would come out and explore, but still nothing. I assume she's just happier coming out at night when no-one's around. Anyway, I took her out last night for the first time in a couple of days to make sure she was ok and I think she may be in blue. She seemed very unsure about being out, didn't really move around an awful lot and it definitely seemed as though she wasn't able to see too well and her tongue was flicking furiously pretty much the whole time; generally, she just seemed like she wanted to be back in her hide in the dark and left alone. Her eyes seem a little cloudy, but being our first snake and lacking expertise, I'm not sure whether snakes with red eyes actually have them go blue or just cloudy? I'm just wondering if anyone could give me some idea of whether this sounds like being in blue?

Unfortunately, the Centre we got them from doesn't seem to have a record of when she last shed, so I don't have that information to go on.

Thanks everyone for your help. Much appreciated

0.1.0 - CB10 Creamsicle - Maisie
0.1.0 - CB10 Ultramel Motley - Smudge
1.0.0 - Leopard Gecko - Ziggy
1.0.0 - Crested Gecko - Koji
0.0.1 - Chahoua - Chewie
0.1.0 - Rescue Greyhound - Becki

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  11:39:00  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They do go a cloudy colour when in blue, so it does sound like she is going into or is in blue. Check again in another couple of days and her eyes should seem less cloudy. Mine spent the best part of two weeks hidden from me when going into blue.

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

Kez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  11:43:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aaaah, thanks Simmy. That's put my mind at ease. She usually has such bright eyes and she really wasn't herself last night, bless her. I'll keep a check on her; it's feeding night tonight, so that may give a clue too if she doesn't take the fluff this week.

Thanks again

0.1.0 - CB10 Creamsicle - Maisie
0.1.0 - CB10 Ultramel Motley - Smudge
1.0.0 - Leopard Gecko - Ziggy
1.0.0 - Crested Gecko - Koji
0.0.1 - Chahoua - Chewie
0.1.0 - Rescue Greyhound - Becki
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  11:46:46  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes sounds like shes in blue if her eyes seem a little cloudy. Give it a couple of days and her eyes should go back to normal. Then its a waiting game after that. Some poeple have snakes that shed straight away when their eyes go back to normal, other have snakes that take a few days... some a week.. some even more than a week!

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000